One of our Austin clients is looking to add a Sr Security Operations Center Analyst to their growing team.
location: Austin, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $110,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
- Lead complex technical investigations into security incidents across a variety of environments, platforms and operating systems, driving resolution in a methodical and timely manner.
- Coordinate and engage with internal partners, contracted security providers and/or law enforcement on significant investigations.
- Point person and mentor to junior analysts on technical investigations
- Liaise with the threat and vulnerability management teams on handling emerging cyber threats.
- Carry out trend analysis, reporting findings to management and proposing process and technical control improvements.
- Lead threat hunting and threat analysis.
- Regularly review and develop incident response processes and runbooks to ensure a consistent approach in responding to current & emerging threats.
- Maintain and employ a demonstrable understanding of advanced threats, continuous vulnerability assessment, response and mitigation strategies used in cybersecurity operations.
- Experience in leading teams of investigators on diverse and complex investigations
- Demonstrable experience in directing technical teams and coordinating with senior stakeholders & executives during management of critical security incidents
- Possess experience with cybersecurity forensics tools and methodologies, IR planning and playbook development
- Actively involved in threat intelligence and cybersecurity research communities
- Good leadership skills and ability to coordinate and direct teams of SOC analysts calmly and effectively in high-pressure situations.
- 5-10 years of experience in Information Security with a focus on Incident Response and security operations
- Strong working knowledge of security-relevant technical data, including network protocols, ports and common services, such as TCP/IP network protocols and application layer protocols
- Deep understanding of data privacy laws and legislation relating to carrying out forensic investigations.
- Broad understanding of the cyber security threat landscape and the tools, techniques and tactics of Targeted Threat Actors.
- Solid grasp on the role of the SOC function, Incident Response (IR) processes and appropriate tooling.
- Experience with SIEM & IR Management tools
- Host (Windows, Mac, Linux), network and mobile device forensics
- Threat hunting
- Bachelors degree or higher in relevant subject (e.g Computer Forensics, digital investigation, IR)
- Professional qualifications e.g SANS, CISSP, GCIH, GIAC, GCFE, GREM SANS Certifications, EnCE, Cyber Incident Response (CSIRT/CERT) are desirable
skills: SOC, Incident Response, TCP/IP, Network Protocols,
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.