One of our Taylor clients is looking to add a Security Technician to their growing team.
location: Taylor, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $20 - 24 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: High School
Responsible for installing and maintaining all electronic physical security systems while networking them all into an integrated physical security platform. Installs, programs, documents, setups, wires, calibrates, repairs or replaces any facet of the physical security platform necessary to maintain the physical security integrity. Assists in creating all access levels, access badges and reports while maintaining monitoring logs and metrics of physical access to facilities by anyone granted unescorted access. Provides technical review of new products and recommend enhancements for existing products.
Essential Job Duties and Tasks
- Responsible for installation, configuration, calibration, maintenance, repair, trouble-shooting, programming and conducting operational tests and periodic inspections of security alarm systems, access control systems, gate operators, pedestals and CCTV video systems.
- Assists with systems integration so that all systems can share common components and interaction occurs between systems.
- Installs, programs, documents, setups, wires, calibrates, repairs or replaces any facet of the physical security platform necessary to maintain the physical security integrity.
- Associate's degree in Applied Electronics or related field or six years applicable experience is required.
- Minimum of 2 years (in excess of degree requirements stated above) of progressively responsible experience in installing, programming, troubleshooting, repairing, modifying and adjusting electronic access control systems, and CCTV systems.
skills: Security, CCTV Systems, Access Control Systems
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.