Randstad Technologies has an immediate need for a Senior Network Engineer for our largest Healthcare client in the Orange County area. Responsibilities:
- Lead multiple Network Engineering initiatives and projects consisting of design and development for complex products and platforms, including solution design, analysis, testing, and integration. Provide feedback on project status, milestones, and risks
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects
- Develop LAN/WAN strategies; evaluate and select hardware and software products, implement and integrate these products into comprehensive solutions meeting companys business requirements
- Support data center facility/services and proactively monitor the health of all systems located at the data centers and take appropriate action when required. Performs after-hours systems support, installation, and maintenance as required
- Provide specialized technical expertise in researching and resolving complex technology network infrastructure problems which may involve coordination of hardware and software vendor support
- Advise department team members on procedures, techniques, and requirements to insure maximum performance and availability of the company infrastructure. Recommend areas for improvement in both processes and systems
- Conduct implementations, conversions, and upgrades in a manner consistent with Standard Operating Procedures within company maintenance windows; including change management procedures
location: Irvine, California
job type: Contract
salary: $63 - 67 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Additional responsibilities:
- Communicate effectively with supervisors, peers, project managers, and stakeholders.
- Author technical documentation such as network and data center diagrams
- Work closely with vendors on implementation of products and services
- Ensure security and operational standards and procedures are maintained in accordance with UHG IT compliance requirements, HIPPA standards, and industry best practices
- Perform risk analysis to identify IT security issues and remediating plans. Identify and/or mitigate operational risks where appropriate
- Excellent interpersonal skills including written and verbal skills with the ability to create and maintain strong relationships with members of cross departmental teams and department team members
- Undergraduate degree and/ or equivalent of 10+ years of Network Engineering experience
- 7+ Years of experience with Switches and Routers: Cisco, Nexus, Nexus 5K and 7K
- 5+ Years of experience with VPN: DMVPN, MPLS, FLEX VPN, VPN AnyConnect, VTI, DVTI Tunnel, Metro Ethernet
- 5+ Years of experience with Routing Protocol: BGP & EIGRP Configuration and Troubleshooting
- 3+ Years of experience with Firewalls, IPS/IDS: Cisco ASA, Palo Alto
- 3+ Years of experience with Cisco ISE and NAC Solution
- 3+ Years of experience with Wireless: Cisco WLC
- CCNP Certified
- CCIE Certified
- 2+ Years of experience with Voice: Cisco Call Manager, UCCX, Unity
- Healthcare Industry Experience.
- Strong documentation skills along with working knowledge of MS Project. Excellent interpersonal skills including written and verbal skills with the ability to create and maintain strong relationships with members of cross departmental teams and team members. Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects
skills: network engineer, ccnp, nexus, ccie, ise, nac, palo alto
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.