One of our Austin clients is looking to add a Cassandra DBA to their growing team.
location: Austin, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
- Perform monitoring, administration, repair and maintenance of the Cassandra databases within the customer hosted environments
- Actively contribute to the configuration, layout and performance tuning of the production infrastructure
- Respond to service requests and troubleshoot issues as needed
- Assist with customer implementations and upgrades
- Support requests for unscheduled Database backups and restores
- Attend and actively participate in weekly meetings
- Participate in rotating 24x7 "on call" support coverage for data center related issues
- Perform maintenance related activities during scheduled weekend maintenance windows.
- Prepare and conduct system and programming tests requiring interfacing of hardware and software
- Create and update existing documentation of processes and procedures in support of administration tasks
- Responsible for ensuring that all security, availability, confidentiality and privacy policies and controls are adhered to
- Participate in capacity management, expansion and growth planning
qualifications: EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
- 3 - 5 years' experience as a DBA in a NoSQL 24/7 production environment including backup recovery, replication, high availability, designing and managing schema, monitoring diagnosing and optimizing database performance
- Ability to detect and troubleshoot database-related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space, and other resource contention issues
- Working knowledge of NoSQL and Linux, ability to write scripts
- Must be able to exercise judgment within defined procedures to determine appropriate action
- Must have strong organizational and multi-tasking skills to prioritize workload in a fast paced environment
- Familiarity with Agile Development Practices
- Knowledge of high availability, disaster recovery and replication solutions and best practices
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Certifications or an interest in pursuing certification is a plus.
skills: NoSQL, Cassandra, Linux, I/O, database
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.