Software Test and Automation Engineer
We are seeking a highly motivated Network test engineer for the Network Engineering Test organization. IoT s charter, as part of broader Internet of Things initiative, is to develop industrial switching, routing, wireless (RF900 MHz,WiFi, 3G and 4G LTE), embedded and security products and industry-leading software platforms that capitalize on the trend toward all devices, machines, and vehicles becoming connected and integrated with traditional enterprise networks
Use your strong Routing and Mobility (3G and 4G LTE) experience with some scripting experience to participate on a team of engineers involved in software testing of Network Engineering Products and Software. The job includes but is not limited to test planning, design, implementation, execution, automation, and regression. We have a strong focus on software engineering methodologies and processes. Contribute to the design of the test and automation strategy to ensure quality of Products/Software. Produce status reports for management and participate in regularly scheduled bug scrub meetings with the development team. Champion quality improvement initiatives, and drive improvements to the test/automation methodology.
The job involves a great deal of cross functional interaction with development and marketing.
location: San Jose, California
job type: Contract
salary: $44 - 54 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
* Strong understanding and some of level expertise on L2/L3 technologies. LAN (Ethernet, VLAN, 802.1q/.1p, QinQ, IGMP etc) / WAN (DHCPv4/v6, PIM, NAT etc), Mobility (3G and 4G LTE)
* Scripting experience in Python and Tcl
* Good hands on experience in routing protocols RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP and IP services (QoS, NAT etc) and L2/L3 VPNs
* Working experience with test tools like traffic analyzers (e.g., Sniffer, Ethereal) and traffic generation tools (e.g., Smartbits, Ixia).
* Strong communication and leadership skills are essential.
* MSEE/CS or BSEE/CS with 2-3 years of experience
skills: * Participate and work closely with developers at various stages fspec, design reviews to develop testplans, tools, utilities.
* Drive authoring of detail feature testplans, Design Test bed design, test topologies.
* Develop scripts for automated testing.
* Assist development engineers in product defect diagnosis.
* * Initiate and participate in efforts to improve group productivity and test effectiveness.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.