A client of ours in San Antonio, Texas is looking for a System Administrator - Systems/ Networks for a direct hire opportunity.
location: San Antonio, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
- Ensure installation and configuration of servers is done according to established guidelines.
- Make recommendations for improving configurations and guideline changes for servers.
- Monitor and maintain all IT related equipment to guarantee maximum availability to the organization.
- Install and maintain server applications including Microsoft SQL, Exchange, Skype for Business, SCCM, and other business applications.
- Maintain PC OS images using SCCM, engaging outside vendors to ensure all new PCs contain the latest image.
- Install and maintain PC software such as Microsoft Office, SAP, Adobe, etc. using SCCM to ensure standardization throughout the corporation.
- Research and implement projects and initiatives as determined by the IS Management Team.
- Ensure timely completion of all projects and initiatives.
- Engage and manage outside vendor and contract resources as required. Complete all required documentation in accordance with established guidelines.
- Monitor and respond to network related issues in a timely manner.
- Install and maintain network related equipment including routers, switches, firewalls, IPS/IDS, etc. according to established guidelines.
- Make recommendations for improving the reliability and performance of the network.
- Monitor helpdesk overflow and supplement the helpdesk as needed.
- Work with helpdesk staff and Network Administrators to complete 2nd and 3rd level calls in timely manner.
- Engage and manage outside resources as needed to ensure the completion of 3rd level calls.
- Associate's degree from an accredited university is preferred. Direct and relevant work experience may be substituted for degree requirement.
- Industry standard certifications from Microsoft (MCSA, MCSE) and Cisco (CCENT, CCT) are a plus.
- Minimum 4 years practical experience directly related to administering Windows Server and Active Directory.
- 2 years of experience with LAN\WAN implementations and troubleshooting using Cisco switches and routers.
- 2 years of experience with HP Proliant servers.
- Experience administering Microsoft Exchange and SQL is a plus.
- Good combination of Networking and Server administration experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.