Utilize independent judgment and discretion, assist with the design, engineering and development of information technology solutions. May support the design, analysis, development and/or implementation phase of engineering infrastructure solutions for small projects. Assists in troubleshooting and resolving infrastructure compatibility issues based on system architecture, project requirements, and customer expectations. May assist in the diagnosis and correction of application/network problems, and pilots of new technology involving server, network data, voice, messaging, web, database, or output/receiving. Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and at least two, typically four or more years of experience in all phases of infrastructure network management or its equivalent in education and work experience. This is a baseline of the role duties and requirements and is not all inclusive.
location: Windsor, Connecticut
job type: Contract
salary: $33 - 43 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Responsible for the day to day monitoring of Voice\Video and Data systems for connectivity, availability and functionality. Specific focus will be the monitoring of the voice infrastructure platforms Cisco CUCM Voice and Telepresence clusters through monitoring tools.
- Identify, diagnose and escalate problems to higher tier support groups, ISP's or other support staff based on NOC process when unable to resolve the issue.
- Experience with Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Unity, Cisco Emergency Responder and Jabber in enterprise deployments. This includes management of endpoints and user accounts in large-scale systems.
- Understand change control procedures and service management tool HP Service Manager (HPSM).
- Accurately log and document NOC incidents as they occur into HPSM
- Lead voice service outage bridges to assist in isolation and resolution of Priority 1 incidents.
- Provide internal analysis and support to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
- Research and resolve level 1 support tickets in the NOC HPSM ticket queues.
- Ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner.
- Possess ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and respond under pressure
- Proven ability to work both independently and as a part of a team
- Knowledge and understanding of IP, Routers, Switching basics
- Responsibilities include:
- Experience with voice gateways: MGCP, SIP, H.323, SCCP, digital PRI/T1, analog FXO/FXS
- Strong knowledge and extensive experience in dial plan designs and implementation.
- Solid experience with various client applications integration such as Cisco Jabber
- Experience with voice carrier systems from - Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, Windstream.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Experience with configuration and support of SBC's is a plus
skills: Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and at least three, typically five or more years experience in all phases of infrastructure network management or its equivalent in education and work experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.