Senior Network Engineer Candidate will be a Product Development Engineer for the Managed Network Service Portfolio.
location: Ashburn, Virginia
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
Primary focus will be on Routing and Software Defined WAN (SD-WAN) technology. In addition, integrating WAN Optimization with SD-WAN would be a plus.
The deployment models will range from customer premise equipment to virtual network cloud services (VNF).
The lead position will first coordinate business requirements and translate them into technical specifications.
A lab environment will be available to perform proof-of-concept followed by detailed design documentation.
Collaboration will be centered on product management, IT and operations. Candidate will be expected to occasionally present to executive management.
Primary vendors are: Cisco, Viptela, Versa, Riverbed and Silver-Peak.
- Work with the end user community to better understand technology trends that have utmost impact to the diverse customer base
- Partner with constituent representatives to create and evolve a given service
- Pay special attention to expected deliverables for individual assigned projects: technical analysis, architecture, design, and general support
- Be an IT ambassador by showing a propensity on learning and interacting with the industry experts through diverse environments: participate in standards organizations, internal collaboration, and vendor forums
- 10 Years Technology Experience (Network, Application, Security)
- Cloud Technology (OpenStack, VMware, AWS)
- Writing script templates (Python, YAML, Heat)
- 5 Years developing operational support systems
- 3 Years Customer Facing Operations and/or Sales Experience
- Inquisitive, what if" analysis
- English language skills to a business standard
- Excellent Communication Skills (Verbal/Written)
- Leadership Skills
- Finance History: Ability to do basic evaluation of financial data for trends and issues
- Computer Skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
skills: Network Engineer
Product Development Engineer
Managed Network Service Portfolio.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.