We are currently searching for a Virtual Desktop Engineer within our Client's Devices & Connectivity team who will play an integral role in the delivering of the next generation of desktop computing. You will work within a team that supports and enables our Client's global business activities by providing technology services across Physical Devices (i.e. laptops/BYOD), Mobility, Desktop Operating System, Application Packaging, Printing, and Remote Access.
location: Houston, Texas
job type: Permanent
work hours: 8 to 5
In this role you will be responsible for providing design & delivery expertise across the Virtual Desktop platform and will be pivotal to our team successfully delivering a global transformation of the Virtual Desktop service. It will require close collaboration your various internal and external technology and business teams, as well as your user-centric mindset across everything you do.
A background in VMware virtualisation, VDI design, networking, storage and automation in large enterprise environments would be key to be successful in this role, and in addition your technical skills will include:
- key skillset required - VMWare Horizon, VMWare ESX, VMWare vSAN, Powershell, storage and networking as it relates to VDI
- experience in design, deployment and management of a VMware Horizon Virtual Desktop and application presentation platform in pooled and/or persistent model
- detailed understanding of VMware data center, pod and cluster architecture with respect to VDI platforms across multiple datacenters
- design and/or implementation of VMWare NSX with respect to VDI will be advantageous
- Microsoft Desktop SOE Design, SCCM, Active Directory, Group Policies, Application Packaging and deployments not essential but looked upon favourably.
- having experience in successfully transitioning to Cloud services for published desktop and application services would be looked upon favourably
- documentation skills in referencing existing and developing new materials where required. Confluence and JIRA tools will be considered favourable
- demonstrable capability in seeing the operational impact of design decisions to ensure successful delivery outcomes.
- Bachelors Degree
- At least 5 years of VDI experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.