job summary: Randstad
is searching for an experienced Senior Site Reliability Engineer/DevOps Engineer Required Skills:
- Systematic problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive
- Experience in DevOps, Site Reliability, and/or backend/infrastructure engineering for a company experiencing fast-paced growth
- Experience managing application and system logs
- Experience with Engineering large-scale n-tier systems
- Strong knowledge of cloud computing, especially AWS
- Excellent written and verbal communication, able to collaborate and rally support
- Relevant understanding of networking, security, and operating system concepts
- Familiarity with Apache, Tomcat, and Weblogic
- Productive habits, healthy process awareness, and good teamwork skills and instincts
Not open to C2C, Must have the ability to work without sponsorship
location: Reston, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 70 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: What you will do:
- Professional experience in profiling applications and resource usage.
- Collaborate with product and Software Engineering teams to benchmark capacity of system, identify bottlenecks and efficiently decrease latency of system
- Think in terms of portability, repeatability, and automation. Think beyond ''just making stuff work". Ability to work closely with the development teams to speed deployments, decrease latency, and improve the scalability and reliability.
- Experience in monitoring multitudes of distributed systems. Be proactive to identify problems before they happen. Ability to write scripts and build applications that ensure the uptime and reliability of production services
- Stress our stack to find cracks in the system and help us scale
- Build tools that solve engineering problems and empower people throughout the organization
- Work closely with peers and executives across IT
- Bachelor of Science in computer science or equivalent and at least 5-7 years of relevant work experience.
skills: A site Reliability engineer
with performance tuning experience, or
A software (Java) engineer
who runs the operation and test the system under load, or
A Devops engineer
with performance testing/tuning experience.
- w/ some Jmeter experience & AWS
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.