Our client, a large retail company, is looking for a Microstrategy Developer / Analyst to participate in all phases of the development cycle, from the feasibility study through the production implementation.
location: Edison, New Jersey
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 105,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
Under the general direction of senior staff members, this position may be required to function independently and as part of a team. The ideal candidate will thrive in a challenging, fast paced work environment requiring strong problem-solving skills, team collaboration, open communication, and a passion for learning. You will design, implement and maintain MicroStrategy data warehouses and reporting infrastructure. This position is responsible for Business Intelligence design, object development, project reporting, and documentation. This position will assist in the training of end users or technical support staff to use applications.
- 5+ years of experience with MicroStrategy v9+schema definition, design, implementation, maintenance, reporting and dashboard development.
- 5+ years of experience in a MicroStrategy v9+ development/production environment with full understanding and proven track record using Architect, Developer & Object Manager.
- MicroStrategy Certified Developer a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and data warehousing concepts.
- DB2 Z/OS 10 mainframe and SQL server databases for metadata and data warehouse.
- QMF Workstation for ETL testing.
- Mainframe Batch JCL, DB2 load utilities experience a plus.
- Strong Accounting and business background preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Proven experience in Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Implementation (all phase of software development life cycle - SDLC).
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.