The Systems Administrator monitors, maintains, and supports the company computer systems, focusing primarily on the data center that serve all offices. Ensures system and network performance meets company and user requirements.
location: New Berlin, Wisconsin
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
responsibilities: Essential Duties:
- Maintains infrastructure and assists IS support staff.
- Upgrades and builds UNIX virtual server environments.
- Identifies processes that can be automated, makes improvement recommendations and writes scripts/programs to automate the process.
- Monitors system health and monitors network.
- Checks and verifies system backups.
- Examines log files to determine the root cause of a server system/software issue. Takes ownership of, identifies and implements problem resolution.
- Performs server and network hardware maintenance.
qualifications: Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong systems administration experience with UNIX (FreeBSD, Solaris/Illumos)
- Experience with ZFS filesystem
- Experience with services like DHCP, DNS, Samba, rsync, SMTP, Nagios/Icinga, Nginx/Apache, NAS
- Experience with TCP/IP. Cisco experience a plus
- Demonstrated ability with shell scripting and automating system tasks. Programming in Python, Ruby, Perl, C, or other languages a plus
- Strong CLI experience
- Comprehensive experience with server hardware setup and maintenance
- Comprehensive experience with on premise hypervisor (SmartOS), as well as service offerings from Amazon AWS
- Basic knowledge of Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange, a plus
- Advance problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate technical information and training to non-technical personnel
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to set and track priorities
- Ongoing desire to learn new technologies
- PCI experience a plus
- Vritual Machines
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.