Our client, a growing Financial Services Firm, is seeking an Intermediate level Systems Administrator to join the Infrastructure Operations team. The team is responsible for the day to day operations of systems, storage and networking infrastructure including server patching, monitoring, backup and recovery and configuration management database.
location: New York, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
responsibilities: Job Description:
The Intermediate Systems Administrator is involved in evaluating and executing scheduling system patches, upgrades and changes. The Intermediate Systems Administrator determines root cause of complex network and system problems. Responsibilities include: resolving escalated trouble tickets; performing server maintenance and updates, replacing hardware as needed; updating Operating Systems; performing PC imaging as required; assisting in maintenance calls relating to workstations, software and servers; trouble shooting and resolving server event logs and communication systems; participating in the implementation phase for projects; documenting and tracking model and serial numbers for inventory tracking; developing and maintain preventative maintenance checklists.
- 4+ years of Microsoft Technologies experience
- Experience with Microsoft Windows server, enterprise backup, recovery procedures, system performance monitoring tools
- 3+ years of CMDB experience
- Working knowledge of the Windows Operating System
- Working knowledge of the Linux Operating System
- Working knowledge of AWS
- Effective problem solving skills
- Experience with VMWare ESXi 5.5
- Experience with Amazon workspaces
- Basic scripting/coding skills.
- Experience with monitoring tools such as SolarWinds
- Solid background in network, storage and DNS services
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well on collaborative, cross-functional teams. Solid interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with people of all levels of information technology expertise with a wide range of constituencies and organizational relationships
- Understanding of Project Management tools, techniques and methodologies including agile
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or relevant work experience preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.