Jr. Android Developer
We are seeking a jr level android developer We work closely with product management, QA, and other teams throughout the life of a project.
location: Austin, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 75,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
responsibilities: Preferred Skills:
- Experience developing apps in a professional capacity (submitting to the store, etc.)
- Experience building apps using Gradle scripts and/or build automation tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Experience with JIRA
- Ability to live-demo and engage in technical discussion of past work
- Unit testing framework integration and development
- 1-3 years of application development experience on Android
- Must have experience developing Android apps.
- Deep understanding of Java language fundamentals (e.g. threading).
- Deep understanding of Android fundamentals (e.g. activity/fragment lifecycle).
- Familiar with web communication standards (e.g. HTTP, REST, JSON, etc.).
- Strong aesthetic sense of proper object-oriented design.
- Strong debugging and trouble-shooting skills.
- Strong knowledge of mobile security best practices.
- Ability to work with Android layouts without using the visual editor.
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written.
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills.
skills: Our ideal candidate is:
- A self-starter, able to find opportunities to add value and execute solutions.
- Excited about working in the growing financial technology industry.
- A collaborative team player that can adapt well to a changing environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.