A Senior Java Engineer / Cyber Development Lead will perform as the technical expert in the development of Cyber Security Applications and automation of Cyber Functions. This person will assist in identifying opportunities in optimizing and automating Cyber Process. They will assist with the development and design of applications related to automation of process and reports and integration of different Cyber Security tools. This may also include being the Lead on proposals, projects, and promoting new architecture tools, processes, and techniques. The candidate will assist in identifying, defining, and analyzing legacy and emerging systems and software designs.
location: Jersey City, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 55 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Advises on architectural decisions and design
- Identify opportunities in optimizing and automating Cyber Process
- Creates integration and application technical design documentation
- Conducts peer-reviews of functional design documentation
- Provides guidance on intended solution and best practices during development, configuration and testing phases
- Completes development, configuration and unit testing of high complexity areas
- Helps oversee technical team, performs code reviews and ensures standards are applied to each solution component
- Resolves complex defects during testing phases
- Provides guidance to developers in resolving defects
- Supports and executes performance testing
- Provides guidance on infrastructure and environment setup
- Production Support: Assists in troubleshooting production environment and tune the environments
- Ensures best practices are followed from a technical perspective during all phases of the project
qualifications: Qualifications & Technical Skills:
- Must have at least 7 + years of experience implementing systems, optional: Cyber Security area
- Extensive Java, J2EE n-tier application experience
- Ability to design enterprise wide, large scale implementations
- Extensive experience with SOAP/REST web service development
- Experience in Spring, BPM and Rules Engine.
- Working knowledge with WebSphere Application server/Tomcat is required.
- Strong knowledge and experience with relational database technologies preferably with experience in an ORM persistence tool such as Hibernate
- Optional: PL/SQL, Oracle, Must have experience in building SQL queries, stored procedures and must understand basic principles of data modeling
- Strong Analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be skilled at writing specifications that other programmer can use to code data interfaces, user interfaces and workflows
- Familiarity with Computer Network and Cyber Security Concepts is a must
- Familiarity with SEIM tools(Splunk/Arcsight), Tripwire, Firewalls is a plus
- Familiar with development tools such as GIT, SVN, JIRA and Maven
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or related work experience required
skills: The Sr. Development Engineer will provide technical leadership and collaborate with not only the development staff, but with the Security Operations team to develop and implement their core automation and reporting needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.