Randstad is looking for a Network Engineer with 6+ years of experience to join our client's team in the Clairmont Area of San Diego (92182). This person will be joining a team that supports 300+ internal employees in a Cisco, Brocade, Juniper, VMware VCP environment.
location: San Diego, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $86,000 - 115,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: High School
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Overall Architecture and support of LAN/WAN and Network Security
- Ensure that installations and upgrades are up to date
- Help in creating Disaster Recovery Plans
- ?Architecture and design of production and non-production networks
- ?Mentor admins, engineers, etc.
- Support Data Center Operations
- High School Diploma or GED
- 6+ years of experience as a Network or Infrastructure Engineer
- ?Proficient with VMware virtualization technologies
- Proficient with Cisco networks
- Storage Area Networks (SAN)
- 2 of the following certifications: CCNA, Wmware VCP, Juniper JNCIE, Brocade BCNE, or CISSP
- TCP/IP, DNS, OSPF, SNMP, WAN, LAN
- Network Security
skills: Desired Skills:
- Software Defined Networks (SDN)
- Scripting Languages
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.