job summary: Business Overview: Tell me about your department:
Seeking passionate software engineers to join our digital engineering team. A position on the team offers the opportunity to apply your talents and creative energy to deliver high performing solutions at one of the top e-commerce sites in the world.
The Digital Content Domain team is responsible for developing and maintaining tools and applications used by associates to manage the digital content for various web properties and mobile applications.
location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
job type: Contract
salary: $47 - 67 per hour
work hours: 9am to 4pm
education: No Degree Required
responsibilities: Position Overview: Responsibilities/Deliverables that the resource will be responsible for: What you will do as a Digital Engineer:
What Does a Typical Day look like in the role:
- Contribute as an individual or in a pair in a very agile development environment
- Use best code practices to keep code clean and refactor code as and when required.
- Write tests with decent code and functionality coverage.
- Perform code deployments and concierge on rotation basis.
- Debugging and triage of issues
Stand up in morning, work with lead and APM for requirement clarifications, and heads down coding; Meetings-2-4 hours/week
qualifications: Skills Overview: What are the MUST have skills that you are looking for in a candidate? Required Experience
- 3-7 years' experience
- Strong social and problem-solving skills
- Experience developing Spring MVC and JPA (Hibernate) applications
- Experience with Java
- Experience with JUnit and/or Spock
- RESTful service design and implementation using SpringMVC
- Comfortable with the Unix command line interface
- Pair Programming
- Spock testing
- Geb testing
- React.js, Redux.js, Backbone.js or Angular experience
skills: Skills Overview: How will performance be measured:
if you are completing the work and completing tickets within the agreed upon time, code quality (code reviews), pair programming ability, proactivity with your code base What are the soft skills that you feel candidates must-have in order to be successful in this role?
- Willing to learn
- Positive thinking
- Strong communication skills
- Strong social skills
- Able to work in ever-changing environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.