One of our Austin clients is looking to add a Backend Software Engineer to their growing team.
As an Engineer, you will be developing strategic and complex applications where your contributions will have a direct impact on the growth of backend platforms. You will work in a highly collaborative environment where you will solve business problems with technology.
location: Austin, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $105,000 - 115,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
responsibilities: What you will do:
- Participate in all phases of development from definition and design through implementation, debugging, testing and deployment of features across multiple subsystems within large-scale enterprise applications.
- Design and implement high performance, large-scale and highly available distributed services
- Participate in Agile working practices such as daily scrum meetings, sprint planning meetings, reviews and retrospectives.
- Provide production support on new and existing products utilizing the InsightLabs technology stack: C#/.NET/.NET Core/C++, SQL Server and various Linux based implementations
- Development of API's / SDK's / Enterprise Service Bus architecture / Middle-tier software
- Work directly with developers, project leads and various business partners to understand and resolve issues.
- 3+ years of developing Web services (REST)
- 3+ years of SQL Server backend development (SQL skills, stored procedures, functions and performance tuning)
- Extensive experience and knowledge of SQL based relational databases, physical database design and modeling, and writing T-SQL queries and stored procedures for SQL Server
- Experience interacting with external data feeds
- Experience with multi-threaded application development
- Excellent fundamental knowledge of OO principles, design patterns, C# and the .NET framework
skills: Web Services (REST), .Net, SQL Server, T-SQL,
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.