job summary: Our client is currently seeking a Cyber Threat Specialist/Penetration Tester for a 6 month contract opportunity located in Concord, CA.
location: Concord, California
job type: Contract
salary: $80 - 89 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: High School
Job Description: In the position of Cyber Threat Specialist/Penetration Tester, Expert the analyst will be responsible for the assessment, verification, review, and audit of security/privacy controls and overall security/privacy stance across the enterprise.
- Analyst will execute and support assessments, audits, tests, and verification activities for the service areas under Company's Security Intelligence and Operations Center (SIOC).
- The analyst will ensure and validate that security controls are operating effectively.
- Analyst will review test results or interpret evidence for vulnerabilities, gaps, and control deficiencies and work with business stakeholders to establish plans for sustainable resolution.
- Analyst will develop red test parameters, vulnerability-testing code writing capability, and other analytical tools to support security testing services.
- Analyst will also document in detail the results of assessments, audits, tests, and verification activities.
- Analyst will create and maintain SIOC testing infrastructure, correlation tools, documentation, and training.
- Analyst will develop situational awareness, stay informed or current technology and vulnerabilities, and contribute to Company and industry in the area(s) of their specialty.
- Analyst will support incident response and intelligence functions.
- Associates or Bachelors in Computer Science, Network & Security, or related discipline, or equivalent experience,
- SANS Cybersecurity certificate, WCNA, or similar
skills: TOP THREE:
- 6 years Penetration Testing experience
- Knowledge of exploits and how to use Metasploit/meterpreter
- Knowledge and experience in setting up VMs for malware analysis
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.