Our Client is seeking a Junior Security Investigator
in their Alpharetta office for an exciting project.
This position serves as the primary contact for investigations related to malware, such as bots, worms, and trojans to understand the nature of their threat. This individual will work with internal anti-virus teams and technical teams to validate and re-mediate the threat.
Additional duties include computer content scans, minimal data recovery, and minimal electronic discovery. Plans, coordinates and implements computer information security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction or disclosure. Maintain all aspects of Chain of Custody and forensic inventory.
location: Alpharetta, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $25 - 28 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: Job Responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of malware investigations to completion, including: threat hunting, Carbon Black review, MalwareBytes review, and remediation as required.
- Work closely with end-users to diagnose and remediate malware related issues.
- Assist in the coordination of changes/modifications/updates in various Anti-virus solutions.
- Track service tickets associated with individual cases.
- Stay abreast of the threat landscape and notify specific groups of any warnings or potential dangers.
- Monitors operations to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate implementation of vendor-issued security software updates.
- Stays abreast of evolving information systems and data malware tools.
- Protects the company from potential legal litigation and produces accurate results from digital evidence.
Bachelor of Technology/Master of Computer Applications (MCA) or equivalent college degree in relevant discipline, OR high school diploma with relevant malware experience. Preferred Qualifications:
- Possession of professional certifications and membership in professional associations is highly desirable: Certificates of accomplishment (GREM, Security+, MCSE, CCNA, etc.)
- Desired experience in: Malware analysis, various AV solutions, Windows administration, Linux variants, cryptography, and/or PKI.
skills: Job Skills:
The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience with the following operating systems: Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and UNIX.
- Thorough understanding of malware, including trends, workflow, and analysis.
- Current understanding of all policies and procedures surrounding malware.
- Thorough understanding of information systems security; network architecture; general database concepts; document management; hardware and software troubleshooting; electronic mail systems, such as Exchange and Microsoft Office applications.
- Understanding of firewalls and proxies; virus prevention and remediation; fundamental knowledge of Access control, encryption and security event log analysis.
- Proficiency in conducting live analysis on networks and multiple platforms is desired.
- Effective communication and presentation skills, including written and verbal communications.
- Ability to:
- Recognize the various families of malware and what their function is;
- Investigate workstations or servers to validate infections;
- Recommend tools to better prevent/mitigate malware infections;
- Keep abreast of any new trends in malware and report on such;
- Take lead on any infection(s) and see the process to completion;
- Articulate in written and oral communication;
- Work effectively in teams or independently;
- Carry out detailed instructions; be detail oriented;
- Handle confidential and sensitive information with the utmost discretion;
- Address findings from Federal Cyber security audits including FISMA, OMB and OIG.
- Familiarity with Endpoint Detection and Response tools (Carbon Black Response preferred).
- Familiarity with desktop remote access tools (Bomgar preferred).
- Familiarity with ticketing systems (ServiceNow preferred).
- Critical thinking, problem solving and the ability to endure long working hours is vital.
- The ability to work extremely well under pressure while maintaining a professional image and approach with clients is critical.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.