Digital Reasoning & Elastic Search Support Engineer
Acts in the highest level technical role as an individual contributor and/or team lead for the most complex computer applications and/or application initiatives. Utilizes a thorough understanding of available technology, tools, and existing designs. Works on the most complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of intangible variance factors. Plans, performs, and acts as the escalation point for the most complex platform designs, coding, and testing. Leads most complex multiple modeling, simulations, and analysis efforts. Acts as expert technical resource to programming staff in the program development, testing, and implementation process.: 10+ years application development and implementation experience.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $44.72 - 50.31 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
This role is purely support role and will require support during non business hours and weekend hours.
1. Testing (not limited to the following items)
a. Conduct basic testing of environment
b. Support any application POC
c. Support application testing
d. Support load testing
2. Post -Production Support
a. Ongoing production support of environments
b. Support SLAs defined
c. Be on-call and on rotation
d. Ensure uptime of environments
e. Document all required artifacts
f. Participate in BCP/DR Testing
g. Support application enhancements
h. Participate in meetings as required by application, infrastructure teams
i. Provide weekly status report
j. Monitor work queue (PAC2000 etc)
Looking for a Digital Reasoning & Elastic Search Support Engineer
Must have Elastic Search admin experience (1 year or more)
Must have experience in building WebSphere or other application server cluster setup/configuration.
- Expert or very good Unix/Linux skills - minimum 5 years
- 4 + years of experience writing unix scripts (shell scripting)
- Advanced Knowledge/Experience with ELK stack (ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana) - minimum 2 years.
- 1+ year of experience in Oozie / Mapreduce & Spark.
skills: Nice to have
- Systems Administration/Systems programmer background
- Application hosting/support experience
- Experience with distributed computing and storage (e.g. hdfs/hadoop, spark, Oozie)
- Good knowledge in enterprise IT concepts (storage concepts, F5 load balancing, clustering, vertical vs horizontal scaling)
- Knowledge of application authentication integration (AD, PAM, kerberos)
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Able to work independently with minimal direction
- Ability to adapt/adjust/contribute in a face-paced environment
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.