The Project Coordinator position is responsible for providing administrative and logistical support and coordination on training and development projects. This positions reports to Director of OD, SC
Supply Chain projects have a high business impact and require a great deal of coordination and communication across various departments within the company as well as with third parties. Starting from the initial project creation all the way to delivery of the finished project, this role is an integral part of the successful execution of these projects.
This is a fast-paced position that requires an individual who can juggle multiple tasks, prioritize responsibilities, and deal with vendors and customers while maintaining a positive and professional attitude. The nature of this work requires someone with a high level of intelligence, common sense, communication, computer and people skills, and professionalism.
location: Bohemia, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $17.72 - 26.14 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Assist project and senior managers with: telephone calls, information gathering, meeting scheduling, record keeping, calendars, and other administrative and clerical duties.
- Attend project meetings as required, take and distribute notes, and maintain and follow up on Action Deliverables.
- Ensure high-level project status and schedule information is kept up-to-date on Microsoft Project or similar software.
- Proactively anticipate problems and resolve issues as they arise. Escalate critical problems to project manager as necessary in a timely manner.
- Detail-oriented creation and maintenance of routine project documents such as meeting minutes, project plans, budgeting, risk assessments and monthly dashboard reports.
- Keeps project files (electronic and hard copy) complete, accurate and up-to-date.
- Performs data entry in the Learning Management System
- Works closely with all Supply Chain departments, facilities coordinators and vendors to ensure quotes are received, purchase orders and invoices are processed in a timely manner and gather and upload monthly accruals from vendors. Tracks budgets in Excel.
- Facilitates the construction of creative and informative PowerPoint presentations for meetings and leads project
- Associate's degree with a focused degree in Science, Engineering, Business, or a related field is preferred.
- 2 - 3 years' experience providing project support or equivalent combination.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Learning Management System, SharePoint and MS Project experience desired.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; Ability to effectively communicate and work in matrixed environment.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to interact with staff in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize activities in a changing environment.
- Initiative, enthusiasm, sense of urgency and energy should be clearly evident. Be both team player and independent contributor. Ability to consider "big picture" ramifications of decisions and actions.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.