A SQL Database Administrator - will provide database administration and engineering for new and enhancements to existing database environments to include performance of the following related tasks: software installation, upgrades, query writing, configuration, database creation, security, system monitoring and tuning, disaster recovery planning, implementation and backup and recovery.
location: Alpharetta, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $47 - 50 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
o Create and enhance databases across internal and end-user applications.
o Analyze existing database applications to migrate into or improve the functioning on the platform.
o Participate in the design and implementation of large/complex databases
o Administer database security across all database environments.
o Prepare periodic reports regarding unit?s activities and goal attainment.
o Maintain a state-of-the-art knowledge of existing standard methodologies in database administration.
o Support database centric projects from inception to production deployment (all things database)
- Able to work 3rd shift
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to work effectively across multiple business lines, external technology partners and demonstrable ability to collaborate with your team.
- Proven ability to manage projects.
- Excellent analytical and design skills at multiple product level.
- Excellent research, analysis, project planning and implementation skills.
- Extremely detail oriented.
- Aware of business issues as they impact overall project plans.
- Work closely with Professional Services Database Engineering and Database Operations.
- Perform routine activities that coincide with Project work or ad hoc work efforts.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent.
- Minimum 1+ years of SQL Server database related experience
- Prior experience with the following is helpful: SQL Clustering, Transact-SQL & MS Data Transformation Services (DTS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) knowledge, Replication, Availability Groups, Performance Tuning, Backup and recovery methods, Log shipping, Database Mirroring, Database capacity planning, and Users and Role creation and monitoring.
- Experience in third party tools like Quest Software SQL LiteSpeed, Quest Software SpotLight, Quest Foglight and Quest Foglight Performance Analysis.
- Experience in SQL 2005/2008/2008R2/2012/2014/2016 database management and related products from Microsoft including Powershell, Windows 2003/2008R2 Server and desktop operating systems.
- SCOM 2007/2012 is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.