The ETL Developer is a staff member of Data Solutions Delivery team. This role manages the design, development, and implementation of various data solutions projects supporting various business critical applications. Strong focus on defining the data standards and ETL architecture environment that will enable more efficient and effective decision making. The ETL Developer should be able to help stakeholders with strategic services like feasibility study, data modeling, providing estimates and technology roadmap.
location: Quincy, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $70 - 90 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
Other responsibilities include designing and driving Extract Transformation and Load (ETL) solutions on multi-terabyte databases, leading ETL development, system integration, application design, interoperability, compatibility across multiple platforms and resolving technical issues. The role also requires a good understanding of ETL/ELT and Business Intelligence toolsets to ensure database design meets reporting needs. Strong communication skills with an ability to help business define requirements are also essential to this role.
- Deliver data architecture and solutions for critical projects in collaboration with business and IT stakeholders.
- Document, publish and maintain information catalogs and models for data projects and initiatives.
- Translate detailed business requirements into optimal database and ETL solutions using industry standard tools and technologies.
- Manage technical delivery for a project, designs process, manages and drives development work with consultants and associates.
- Hands-on responsibilities for Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) design and development on multi-terabyte database environment.
- Define and deliver consistent ETL standards, methodologies, guidelines & techniques.
- Diagnose complex problems, including performance issues, and driving to resolution.
- Address performance and scalability issues and perform necessary capacity planning to meet new business initiatives.
- Collaborate with Data Analysts to develop coordinated plans to meet business requirements.
- Assist data analysts and end users across all functional areas in identifying long-term, strategic data needs for the enterprise, defining how the data is related to the business processes and developing a conceptual and functional model of the data.
- Develop a strong understanding of health care data.
- Work hands on with emerging technologies during software evaluations, PoCs and pilots.
skills: Required Technical Skills
Minimum 3 years of progressively responsible work experience in data architecture environment.
Minimum 3 years of experience in working as ETL/database developer.
Minimum 3 years of experience with ETL design and development using tools Informatica, Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) or equivalent.
Minimum 5 years of experience with data warehouse development on a major RDBMS (Oracle, Netezza, DB2, SQL server).
Minimum 5 years of experience with SQL/PL SQL, SQL query optimization.
Experience in creating technical design and implementing ELT/ETL solutions.
Healthcare domain knowledge is a plus.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.