Senior Desktop Support Analyst
One of our Austin clients is looking to add a Senior Desktop Support Analyst to their growing team.
This role will need to have strong technical skills, great customer service and a desire to expand those skills in a team environment. This position plays a key role in supporting technology functions to employees at over 12 geographically-dispersed locations, including EMEA, APAC and the Americas. This role will primarily support escalations and additional assistance needed from the remote Service Desk function but will also require experience in Service Desk (L1) remote support and on-call support at times to support a 24x7 global enterprise.
location: Austin, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
As a Senior Desktop Support Analyst, you will be responsible for level two (L2) support of varied technical issues for a global enterprise. The successful candidate for this position will have experience performing in a similar role and be comfortable interacting with business users primarily in person but via other channels as well.
· Field incoming requests for additional troubleshooting and escalations via the Global Service Desk to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end-user issues in an enterprise environment, including desktops, laptops, and mobile devices
· Provide remote support and assistance focusing on the expedited resolution of incidents experienced by end-users
· Document, assign, track, investigate and resolve issues while closely liaising with staff keeping them informed on status
· Utilize a Service Desk ticketing system to document and track work efforts (ServiceNow)
· Ability to meet ticket closure targets as defined by Service Level Targets ensuring that all requests from users are logged and correct procedures are followed
· Liaise with third-party support and computer equipment vendors as required and know when to escalate problems to management
· Install and configure workstations, printers, monitors, VoIP desk phones, mobile devices, and all related software if required
· Order equipment and software and oversee computer/hardware inventory management as required
· Knowledge of rollout of new software and hardware to ensure consistency in company's technical standards
· 4 - 6 years' experience in working within a technical support role, including proven and demonstrable PC (desktop, laptop, mobile devices), printer, monitor, phone, and other IT hardware troubleshooting skills
· 4 - 6 years' experience with Microsoft technologies, including Windows 7/10 Operating Systems, Microsoft Office/Office365, Active Directory, Intune, and Exchange Management Console
· Excellent customer service skills including being proactive, friendly, and approachable while maintaining composure in tense situations
· Experience in using a ticketing system to manage workload; ServiceNow preferred
· Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, work independently or as part of a team and manage time effectively
· Ability to prioritize workload and multitask
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Ability to maintain composure while working under pressure
· Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field; experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
· Certification in ITIL Foundation (v3)
· Software distribution tools (Imaging) - Ideally Microsoft SCCM 2007/2012
· Cisco/Tandberg Video Conferencing set up and issue resolution experience
· Experience working with Microsoft Intune mobile/tablet app support
skills: Microsoft, Office 365, Active Directory, Intune, Exchange, Exchange Management Console, ServiceNow, PC, ITIL, SCCM 2007/2012, Cisco
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.