Will create use cases, develop and maintain test specifications, test cases, test scripts and test data. Will implement test practices, standards and processes, troubleshoot test issues, record test results, track and prioritize defects, participate in product readiness and release decisions. Will also establish fact based measures of test efficiency, effectiveness and product readiness. Responsible for estimating, coordinating and directing testing for multiple products/projects. Software quality assurance on highly complex and/or multiple projects, including manual test case execution, defect tracking, test plan/test case creation and management, and requirements analysis is required.
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 55 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
Additional requirements include testing web-based applications, performance testing, MVS mainframe development environment experience, JCL, TSO, processing batch jobs and working with production development environments. Software development experience as a Client/Server Application Developer or Web Application Developer (J2EE) is preferred but not required.
- 8+ years of experience in Software Quality Assurance
- 6+ years of hands on experience in development, execution and maintenance of automated test scripts
- Prior Technical lead experience providing mentoring, code review, design support, etc.
- Hands on coding experience in Ruby, Java, C# or any other Object oriented programming language
- Experience with Selenium WebDriver
- Experience with Agile Development Practices
- Good understanding of exploratory testing practices
- Good knowledge of new standard industry tools for logging bugs and managing test cases (ex. JIRA/MTM, Zephyr/HPQ)
- Hands on experience with Web services virtualization
- Ability to perform Code Reviews
- Experience with scoping, sizing and overseeing multiple concurrent projects, assessing the appropriate level of risk-based testing, reviewing team deliverables and being the single point of contact for stakeholders
- Proven ability of working and leading multiple projects and releases, balancing time and effort for successful delivery
- Proven experience as a leader/trainer in a large, complex QA organization, with a demonstrated ability in leading a risk-based approach to software testing
- Proven experience driving innovative testing solutions within a complex, Enterprise Platform
- Experience working with resources in different geographical locations and offshore vendors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.