job summary: Job Summary
Client Support Specialist (aka help desk) role is to provide a single point of contact for end-users to receive support and maintenance within the organization's computing environment. The CSS is responsible for executing first level support diagnostics, troubleshooting basic issues and effectively escalating incidents while following established protocols, policies and processes; assisting in documenting procedures and policies and in developing and implementing effective standards; and providing timely follow through to resolve and close problem calls and to provide training in support of all technology offerings. The CSS also provides hands on support and deployment services for workstations and desktop software.
location: Portland, Tennessee
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: Responsibilities and Duties/Essential Duties
- Leads CS Level I in solving non-routine or more complex software, hardware and procedure issues.
- Can coordinate resources and facilities to provide support for all CS requirements.
- Facilitates the efficient delivery of services to ensure timely resolutions of problem/trouble call scenarios.
- Works with vendors, application delivery group and clients to identify tips, shortcuts and best methods of getting the most value out of technology tools and CS applications.
- Develops methods to optimize the use of hardware, software applications and other technology related tools through the development and delivery of training programs and training tools.
- Prepare materials including training plans, user documentation and best practice procedures.
- Work with senior technical group to obtain information or documentation for various technology tools.
- Coordinate IT assets and process for IT inventory and asset registration.
- Leads or participates in team projects that enhance the quality or efficiency of support.
- Works with CS Manger in support of budget process and requirements.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or three - 5 years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience and hardware & software support in a technical capacity.
- Customer service or related experience is a plus.
- Demonstrates complete competency of CS Level I skill set.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10 OS , Active Directory management, MS Office suite and intermediate fundamentals of desktop support.
- Intermediate knowledge of hardware, software, networks and technical devices and terminology.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to follow through.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of business environment and ability to assimilate IT solutions into business processes.
skills: Physical Requirements
Capability to lift 50 pounds. Working Conditions: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach, swivel, carry items from one building to another, and speak and actively listen. Noise level is usually moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.