is seeking a Java Developer with a solid background in object-oriented methodologies. Must be results-oriented and positive with excellent analytical and communication skills. The successful candidate must be a self-starter able to perform with minimal supervision while working in a diverse team environment following Agile software development processes; a well-rounded individual with great analytical skills, excellent attention to detail, enthusiasm for taking ownership of features, and possess a strong commitment to quality.
location: Malden, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 45 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: General Responsibilities
- Design, development, enhancement, testing, documentation, and maintenance of custom business application software systems in a high performance team environment
- Maintain, modify and enhance existing J2EE applications
- Design and implement new initiatives (primarily in Java) that utilize websphere portal, Weblogic and Rational tools (Rational Team Concert)
- Interface regularly with the user groups to gather requirements and support their miscellaneous needs
- A core member of the Java team working closely with the production support (PS) group. The PS group provides 24/7 support for an abundance of web applications throughout the Secretariat.
- 3-5 years of experience in analysis, Object Oriented Design, development, implementation and maintenance of software applications using JAVA/ J2EE.
- Expertise in Object Oriented Programming using J2EE, XML, Web Services, Servlets, JSPs.
- Well experienced in MVC architecture, Spring 2.5+, Struts framework.
- Knowledge of SQL/PL-SQL in Oracle 10G+ and SQL Server Databases
- Hands on experience working on Application Servers like Web Weblogic 9/10.0 and above, JBoss.
- Extensive experience in working with Eclipse, Version Controls.
- Good experience in using the Object Relational Mapping tools like Hibernate.
- Experience building enterprise Java applications using Maven/Gradle/Ant.
- Knowledge and experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), and Agile Model Driven Development (AMDD).
- Experience in systems upgrade and integration is a plus.
- Able to give work estimates and to complete projects by the deadline.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team, flexible and willing to pitch in where needed. This may mean on occasion helping with other functions (e.g. QA, Operations).
- Must be able to adapt to changing priorities and master new technologies in a timely and efficient manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
skills: 3-5 years of experience in analysis, Object Oriented Design, development, implementation and maintenance of software applications using JAVA/ J2EE
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.