job summary: Our client is currently seeking a Linux System Administrator for a 2 year contract opportunity located in San Francisco, CA.
Top three skills:
- Expert level in troubleshooting Linux problems (OS kickstart, app setup and performance tuning)
- Expert level in automation, such as writing scripts to automate our deployment and validation process.
- Satellite management and Linux solutioning. Satellite was listed as Preferred skills, but we definitely have a gap here and would want someone that knows it.
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Contract
salary: $65 - 73 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: High School
- Install, configure and support Red Hat Linux 5.7 and above on Dell Hardware for standalone
- Physical OS deployment as well as virtual via VM Ware/Cloud.
- Working with Oracle DBA's, weblogic admins and supporting other developers and application administrators.
- Troubleshooting and change management.
- Red Hat Linux Systems Administrator position
- 3-5 years of Red Hat Linux System Administration Experience.
- This is specific for a project to install, configure and support Red Hat Operating System.
- Satelite provisioning server and VMware.
- Strong scripting skills in 2+ of shell, PHP, Perl, Python (shell, Perl preferred).
- Preferred: The use and support of VMware
skills: Comments/Special Instructions
- Work location is flexible, and work time is somewhat flexible too, as long as the work hours total 8. Lunch is not included in work hours.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.