UNIX Systems Engineer
Financial services client is looking for a Digital Reasoning & Elastic Search Support Engineer to support Artificial Intelligence division
Nice to have
- Systems Administration/Systems programmer background
- Application hosting/support experience
- Experience with distributed computing and storage (e.g. hdfs/hadoop, spark, Oozie)
- Good knowledge in enterprise IT concepts (storage concepts, F5 load balancing, clustering, vertical vs horizontal scaling)
- Knowledge of application authentication integration (AD, PAM, kerberos)
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Able to work independently with minimal direction
- Ability to adapt/adjust/contribute in a face-paced environment
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 6pm
This role is purely support role and will require support during non business hours and weekend hours.
1. Testing (not limited to the following items)
a. Conduct basic testing of environment
b. Support any application POC
c. Support application testing
d. Support load testing
2. Post -Production Support
a. Ongoing production support of environments
b. Support SLAs defined
c. Be on-call and on rotation
d. Ensure uptime of environments
e. Document all required artifacts as per Wells Fargo processes and standards
f. Participate in BCP/DR Testing
g. Support application enhancements
h. Participate in meetings as required by application, infrastructure teams
i. Provide weekly status report
j. Monitor work queue (PAC2000 etc)
Must have Elastic Search admin experience (1 year or more)
Must have experience in building WebSphere or other application server cluster setup/configuration.
skills: Skills needed
- Expert or very good Unix/Linux skills - minimum 5 years
- 4 + years of experience writing unix scripts (shell scripting)
- Advanced Knowledge/Experience with ELK stack (ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana) - minimum 2 years.
- 1+ year of experience in Oozie / Mapreduce & Spark.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.