Infrastructure Security Engineer
Our client is currently seeking an Infrastructure Security Engineer for a permanent opportunity located in Dublin, CA.
Job Summary :
The Security Engineer position provides support of Infrastructure security and network administration on network and security systems and applications running in the Company's environment. The position will assist with planning and designing security and network software, including installation and upgrades, structure, documentation, operational support, process maintenance and security/data protection. The position will maintain the voice and data network communications by ensuring the availability, capability, and reliability based on published service level agreements.
location: Dublin, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $54,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities :
- Write and maintain systems and infrastructure procedural and process documentation
- Responsible for Infrastructure Security Administration on a variety of security and network systems.
- Provide support in the development of infrastructure requirements with the business and solution teams.
- Assist in the integration and synchronization of business applications, security, and infrastructure technologies.
- Support the introduction of new/incoming technology projects into production; manage integration management systems for security systems, availability, administration, operational processes, vendor management, and best practices across the enterprise.
- Build and maintain security and network system environments both in physical and virtual environments.
- Support strong interface with the threat and vulnerability management, system administrators and desktop architecture and support teams
- Utilize tools to monitor and alert on issues and problems within network and security and remediate those problems within established service levels
- Proactively monitor security systems and provide system enhancements considerations to management.
- Document all of the technical phases of the system lifecycle including installation/configuration, environment variables, scheduled jobs, important file systems, maintenance history and upgrades.
- Provide performance monitoring, configuration management, issue escalation and resolution, systems engineering, administration, security/network documentation, and strategic technical planning.
- Maintain governance and compliance requirements including IT portions of Financial audits, HIPAA and PCI
- Provide technical assistance by responding to inquiries from others regarding errors, problems, or questions about security and network software, hardware, systems and infrastructure
- Use established methodologies and documented procedures to perform assigned tasks and keep network and security environments clean, secure and well-maintained
- Recommend and evaluate new and more effective approaches to security and network administration, including procedural changes, future hardware/software needs and tools to enhance productivity
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and provide recommendations
- Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical and/or diagram form, identifying and working with several abstract and concrete variables
- Perform other duties as assigned
Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities) :
- Expert in in Firewall Administration, VPN Administration, Two-Factor Authentication, Authentication Services Management, (Cisco, TACACS+, RADIUS), SIEM, File Integrity Systems, SQL, PCI, HIPAA regulations Network, routing, security principles and practices, advanced router and switch maintenance and configuration using CLI, phone and extension configuration, VoIP, SIP, routing protocols such as BGP, iBGP, and EIGRP, MPLS, LAN and Spanning Tree Protocol, VLAN troubleshooting, Level 3 support, voice and data, and some knowledge of telecom (MPOE, POTS lines, cabling, etc.)
- Understanding of network topology
- Knowledge in troubleshooting pertaining to forms of integration management, security, and application issues
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to problem solve in fast-paced environment under tight time constraints
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to communicate with others in the company who are in both a technical and non-technical role
- Ability to teach, worked in a team oriented environment with a strong desire to improve the operational efficiency of the company integration management infrastructure
- Customer Service focused approach in resolving challenges
- Advanced computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio)
- Excellent analytical, planning and organization/time management skills
- Able to analyze results, determine and resolve bottlenecks, and create documentation of testing scenarios and results
- Ability to troubleshoot and configure, NetFlow monitoring, ACLs, CDP, ARP, GLBP, HSRP, and WiFi design and troubleshooting.
skills: Education : Four-year college degree or equivalent knowledge gained through formal education, specialized training, or additional job experience
Experience : Minimum of five years of related experience
Other : Occasional travel required. Maintain timely and regular attendance. Must be able to work overtime, when needed.
Physical : Basic office and store environment: ability to sit, stand, walk, kneel, stoop, use stairs, reach, pull and lift objects, with occasional climbing and handling equipment (up to 40 pounds)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.