Sr. Data Engineer
Our global client is looking for a Sr. Data Engineer. The primary focus of this position will be Data engineering product support, automation and service of operational and business processes for internet sites and corporate applications for our global client. Key responsibilities include DB technology evaluation, guidance and consultation, design support, task automation and scripting, best practice and standards development, capacity planning, optimization and tuning, system upgrades and migrations, performance management, monitoring, security, backup and recovery, issue troubleshooting, and documentation. Additional tasks as assigned.
location: Seattle, Washington
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 80 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
Responsible for level 2 systems management and exercises project-level control over initiatives. Excellent technical expertise in relevant state of the art data technologies, data security, data systems, and its design. Develops, enhances and adheres to engineering and administration standards. Upholds and maintains strong documentation. The ideal candidate will have strong experience with at least one of the Pubic Cloud providers like AWS, Google Cloud Services and Azure and 5-7 years experience with products such as Cassandra, MongoDB, Spark etc. Relational Database Administration experience ein the past is a plus
Degree in computer science/information systems, engineering or related field preferred; or a corresponding number of years' experience in technical operations or software engineering
- 4-6 years of experience with managing large clusters for technologies such as- Cassandra, MongoDB, Spark, Solr.
- 2-3 years of experience writing automation under Cloudformation, Terraform, chef, and running data platform in AWS/Azure.
- 6-8 years' experience with Linux Server platform designing secure, reliable, highly available, performant data services.
- 2-4 years of supporting a large data platform and data pipelining.
- Expertise in database administration including configuration, implementation, data modeling, maintenance, redundancy/HA/DR, security, troubleshooting/performance tuning, upgrades, database, data and server migrations, SQL
- 3 or more years of IT operational experience supporting robust e-commerce, gaming or online businesses in a 24X7 production environment(oncall)
Thourough understanding in Security implmentations(IAM, SSL, encryption, firewall, wall garden) on Database, storage, network and Cloud environments. Participated in auditing exercise
- Expertise in configuring, implementing and supporting high availability redundancy strategies on systems including replication, clustering, log shipping, mirroring
- Expertise in database design and architectural principles and methodologies
- Expertise with Disaster Recovery planning and implementation
- Excellent knowledge of Storage subsystems- storage Engines, AWS Block storage, S3, EFS - types and relavant usecases.
- Ability to partner with relevant software vendors to determine near-term, long-term business impacts of product updates on our technology portfolio
- Knowledge of understanding of TCP/IP fundamentals (DNS, SSH), general networking technologies, AWS networkiong(VPC,security group), network architecture and connectivity troubleshooting
skills: History of having architected solutions in the cloud(AWS), Cloud Migration project(AWS)
- AWS certification
- Cassandra Certification
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.