Large Banking client is looking for a Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst to support the efforts for a Center of Excellence team in their Wholesale Division
The Wholesale Analytics team is part of Wholesale Relationship Strategies & Insights, and provides reporting and analytic support to all of Wholesale. The team functions as a key central analytic function for relationship and sales growth, and provides insight into Wholesale-wide metrics and reporting needs, developing innovative analytic solutions to support business growth. This team supports multiple transformational business strategies and initiatives in Wholesale such as Customer 360, Wholesale Relationship Management Foundations (WRMF), CRM and pipeline analytics, customer segmentation, product depth, opportunity identification and sizing, and predictive and expert modeling.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $42 - 49 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
This individual will work in partnership with multiple Wholesale lines of business to identify, develop and execute analytical, statistical, and/or forecasting methods for Wholesale-wide efforts to understand the business and our customers. In addition, this role will develop dashboards, analyses, and presentations for executive level audiences. As such, they will be an expert at distilling vast information into succinct actionable insights, present that information with the story in mind, in a polished format that is relevant to senior leadership. This analyst needs to be comfortable leveraging imperfect data from multiple sources, both internal and external. They need to execute a vision with loosely defined business requirements, and anticipate business needs that may or may not be explicitly articulated.
This role will partner closely with other analytic and reporting teams in the group, LOB business partners, Wholesale Business Solutions (WBS), WRS&I Relationship Programs and Governance, and other partners as appropriate. This role will also partner with other analysts across the Enterprise to continue to drive WF consistency in analytic and reporting structures, and explore new innovative thinking/ideas to be leveraged by the team. As such, the successful candidate will effectively use of interpersonal and communications skills with tact and diplomacy, and effectively collaborate on projects. They will have an analytic curiosity, a strong desire to dig deeper, and the ability to solve complex problems quickly.
qualifications: pecifically, this senior analyst will:
Synthesize data and provide distilled and actionable recommendations based on in-depth analysis, and provide polished output in a format appropriate for executive leadership
Be a visionary for new metrics, analytics and data needs, thinking creatively to connect the dots where others cannot, and clearly articulate and execute the vision. Develop, pilot, and launch new and leading analytic capabilities to generate greater insights from data, and build visualizations that expose the health and performance of our business
Provide analytics and reporting that aggregate the performance across all Wholesale LOBs. Create a standard measurement against which all other LOB-specific reporting will be aligned and validated. Understand the drivers of performance, partner with other analysts to identify individual LOB influencers, and draw together into a cohesive story aligned to Total Wholesale goals and strategies.
Understand the unique needs of every business, while identifying less-obvious similarities in order to create accurate and relevant top-of-house executive readouts. Be able to think outside the box of "what is", envision "what could be", articulate that vision and actually execute it is critical.
Ability to make decisions using independent judgment and creativity to resolve issues and overcome roadblocks Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Providing actionable and thought-provoking insights, developing analytical strategies, building interactive dashboards, developing foundational reporting, performing analytical support and/or modeling regarding a wide array of business initiatives
- Design and drive a variety of projects/ analyses, generally spanning multiple products, business lines, functional areas and data sources and may involve analytical application of industry-leading experimental techniques or exploratory data analytics
- Work with internal clients to identify analytical needs, define business requirements, identify potential data sources, design reports and analyses, and translate business needs into actionable insights. Additionally, partner with internal technology group(s) to build/enhance databases as needed
- Apply knowledge of business, customers, and/or products/services/portfolios to synthesize data to 'form a story' and align information to contrast/compare to industry perspective
- Manipulate and manages data that are typically very large, structured or unstructured, imperfect, and from multiple sources
skills: Required Qualifications:
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling; or a Masters' degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling
- Hands on experience with SAS, SQL and Tableau
- Strong research and problem solving abilities are required
- 2 or more years working with Wholesale businesses (relationship groups, treasury management, credit, product groups, etc.)
- In-depth understanding of Wholesale relationship structures and data
- Experience with visualization and BI tools, with a keen ability to tell a visual data story
- Creativity to ideate new ways to represent data in graphs/tables/pictures to deliver the best insights
- Experience with statistical tools like R, Mattlab, Hive, Python, etc
- Strong desire and ability to creatively solve problems and strong prioritization skills
- Ability to identify in efficiencies and opportunities to improve the process
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.