Randstad Technologies is currently seeking a talented Advanced Analyst (Data Engineer) to join a well-known client of ours within a location in the Downey, CA area.
In addition to the responsibilities listed below, this position is also responsible for solving client analytics problems; communicating results and methodologies; developing experimental design approaches to validate findings or test hypotheses; defining validity of information, how long information is meaningful, and relation to other information; working with data steward to ensure information is in compliance with regulatory and security policies; and qualifying where information can be stored or what information may be used in support of the use case.
This position is also responsible for identifying and analyzing patterns in the volume of data supporting an initiative, data type, and speed or sudden variations in data collection; partnering with data stewards to define data quality expectation for specific use case; educating the organization both from IT and business perspectives on new approaches to testing hypotheses and statistical validation of results; helping the organization understand principles and math behind the process; and providing on-going tracking and monitoring of performance of decision systems and statistical models. Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
location: Downey, California
job type: Contract
salary: $46.19 - 51.97 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: High School
- Practices self-development and promotes learning in others by proactively providing information, resources, advice, and expertise with coworkers and customers; building relationships with cross-functional stakeholders; influencing others through technical explanations and examples; adapting to competing demands and new responsibilities; listening and responding to, seeking, and addressing performance feedback; providing feedback to others; creating and executing plans to capitalize on strengths and develop weaknesses; supporting team collaboration; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Completes work assignments and supports business-specific projects by applying expertise in subject area; supporting the development of work plans to meet business priorities and deadlines; ensuring team follows all procedures and policies; coordinating resources to accomplish priorities and deadlines; collaborating cross-functionally to make effective business decisions; solving complex problems; escalating high priority issues or risks as appropriate; and recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities.
- Executes creative data analytic approaches leading to actionable outcomes by defining and calculating metrics to be analyzed; defining, calculating, and validating algorithms; and conducting analyses, including descriptive, correlational, inferential, and/or predictive statistics.
- Develops, implements, and automates business and reporting solutions by working with stakeholders in their design, planning, and implementation while ensuring consistency and coherency; evaluating and summarizing data and results; creating summary statistics; developing data reports, visualizations, and/or interactive Business Intelligence (BI) reports; reporting to stakeholders on key findings; identifying needs for the development and implementation of additional reporting solutions; and preparing documentation as appropriate.
- Interprets data analyses by applying findings to contextual settings; and developing insights, reports, and presentations telling a compelling story to stakeholders to enable and influence decision making; and providing context related to data interpretations and/or limitations as appropriate.
- Drives strategic data-informed decisions by consulting with clients to identify and clarify key business needs; developing outcomes and process measures; translating business requirements; determining data/information needs and data collection methods; developing analysis plans; measuring the impact of business decisions on clients, customers, and/or members; working with clients and staff to identify opportunities and methods to improve efficiencies with analysis; supporting and training end-users; and documenting processes and deliverables.
- Gathers data and information on targeted variables in an established systematic fashion by validating data sources; querying,merging, and extracting data across sources; completing routine data refresh and update; developing and/or delivering tools for electronic data collection; and providing user training, support, and documentation.
- Develops analytical and/or statistical models enabling informed business decisions by determining data and analytical requirements; creating models leading to actionable insights; and testing, refining, and validating models.
- Prepares data for analytic efforts by integrating and consolidating data; ensuring data quality and accuracy; profiling data inaccuracies and recommending process improvements or system changes to enhance overall quality of the data; and cleaning and creating final data set(s) for analysis.
- Minimum three (3) years machine learning experience.
- Minimum three (3) years experience working with data visualization tools.
- Minimum three (3) years programming experience.
- Minimum three (3) years statistical analysis and modeling experience.
- Minimum one (1) year experience in a leadership role with or without direct reports.
- Education: High School Required
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Social/Physical/Life Science, Business, or related field and Minimum five (5) years experience in data analytics or a directly related field. Additional equivalent work experience in a directly related field may be substituted for the degree requirement
skills: Preferred Qualifications:
- Three (3) years experience in systems engineering.
- Three (3) years experience creating workflows.
- Three (3) years experience setting up data architectures.
- Two (2) years project management experience.
- Three (3) years experience working with Excel.
- Three (3) years experience working with Tableau.
- Three (3) years server maintenance experience.
- Three (3) years experience working with SPSS.
- Three (3) years experience working with quality management and data profiling tools.
- Three (3) years experience working with SAS.
- Three (3) years experience working with SQL.
- Three (3) years experience working with Access.
- Three (3) years experience working with Open Source Tools (e g , R, Python).
- Two (2) years experience working in a matrixed organization.
- One (1) year health care experience.
- Three (3) years experience working with Cognos.
- Two (2) years experience in process improvement.
- Three (3) years network analysis experience.
- Three (3) years programming experience.
- One (1) year experience in transition or change management implementation.
- Three (3) years robotic process automation experience.
- Three (3) years text analytics experience.
- Three (3) years experience working with data visualization tools.
- Three (3) years deep learning experience.
- Three (3) years experience working with data extraction and manipulation language.
- Three (3) years statistical modeling experience.
- Three (3) years complex event modeling experience.
- Three (3) years experience working with statistical analysis software.
- Three (3) years data simulation experience.
- Three (3) years machine learning experience.
- One (1) year regulatory experience.
- Three (3) years experience working with Business Objects.
- Three (3) years study design experience.
- Three (3) years experience working with artificial intelligence tools.
- Three (3) years experience working with business intelligence tools.
- Two (2) years experience delivering presentations to management.
- Three (3) years relational database experience.
- Master's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Social/Physical/Life Science, Business, or related field.
- Doctorate degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Social/Physical/Life Science, Business, or related field.
- Accredited Project Management Certification.
- Accredited Process Improvement Certification.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.