job summary: Project Overview:
- We are looking for people with an analytical linguist background to work as assistants in a Data Science team that build structured data models and accompanying curation to support the development of ML algorithms for the recruitment industry.
- The key tasks involve manual labeling of various pieces of information to train ML algorithms - so familiarity with occupations, job titles, job descriptions etc would be a big plus.
- Overall Responsibilities: An aptitude for making proactive, autonomous judgements regarding the classification of concepts in moderately complex situations
- A flexibility to adjust to new instructions regularly An ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbal and written
- A capacity to work on a computer for extended amounts of time while staying focused and working at a fast pace
- An attention to detail and being OK with the repetitive nature of the job
location: Palo Alto, California
job type: Contract
salary: $36.67 - 40.79 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
responsibilities: Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Will assist Data Curation Team to normalize and clean data as they relate to Google defined search criteria.
- Will work directly with core Team of 5 data scientist in Google Cloud organization Will focus on review and research of data collected
AA/AS degree in Linguistics and/or related discipline
skills: Required Skills:
Nice to have Skills (not required):
- AA/AS degree in Linguistics and/or related discipline
- 2-4 years of experience working within Human Resources
- 1-3 years of experience working, generating, compiling and analyzing data
- Must have 1+ years of experience with any of the following:
- (Data Curation, Data Manipulation, Data Analysis, Data Normalization)
Data being worked on is related to HR functions such as Recruiting or Staffing so any previous experience in this industry is a plus and SQL
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.