The Business Analyst role supports the Business by working with the development teams with responsibility for eliciting, understanding and documenting business needs to determine and recommend the most optimal solution to conduct software development. Assists in formulating creative, technical contributions to defining user business and functional requirements for enhancements and projects and implementing IT business solutions. Acts as an adept analytical resource focusing on critical business priorities. Assists in establishing plans for defining, delivering, enabling and supporting information technology components into the organization architecture.
location: Windsor, Connecticut
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Provide consulting regarding the practices and methods for defining detailed business requirements including planning, documentation, analysis and alignment to corporate standards
- Review business requirements which describe the business needs and the scope of the solution.
- Document and refine business requirements to describe the business needs to a functional requirement level without presuming a technical solution. Under the guidance of a Business Solutions Consultant, ensure requirements are verifiable and testable once a solution is defined
- Support the execution of the development pipeline and delivery of our software products including vendor solutions to QA, and ultimately to production
- Work in execution of product development across all teams as part of the development lifecycle
- Work with Project and Release Management to sequence/coordinate development activities within software development environment methodologies
- Operate at a high technical level for identified phases of IT projects.
- Identify applicable technology alternatives to given business problems with the assistance and direction of the Business Solutions Consultant.
- Supports project manager/release manager by developing detailed project information such as scope information, estimates, evaluation criteria and results, etc.
- Formulate and define system scope and objectives based on both user needs and a thorough understanding of business systems and industry requirements; considers business application of technology to both current and future business environment.
- Develop detailed application, product, and/or tool selection evaluation criteria based on identified product requirements; assumes full accountability for developing business and functional requirements for complex issues.
- Uses comparative analysis techniques to evaluate and recommend overall IT solutions for client/organization. Provides senior level consulting services to internal business groups and peers on process improvement projects designed to improve business and IT results. Supports design, build and test phases for larger scope enhancements and projects
- Ability to Lead BA's in Requirement Analysis for small to medium projects. Coaches and mentors less experienced analysts.
- Supports design, build and test planning phases for medium to large scope enhancements and projects.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in a directly related field
- Six + years of professional IT experience with leadership in technical and business analysis
- Enterprise Testing, Quality Standards, and software product knowledge (architecture, infrastructure, security, DevOps, etc.)
- SDLC knowledge
- Software development environment methodologies (i.e. OMNI, Waterfall, Agile)
- Business requirement knowledge (i.e. elicitation of requirements, planning, documentation, analysis and alignment to standards)
- Functional requirement knowledge (i.e. elicitation of requirements, planning, documentation, analysis and alignment to standards)
- Requirements Analysis, Planning & prioritization execution
- Requirements Elicitation and facilitation execution
- Financial Management knowledge
- Organizational Change Management (OCM)
- Supplier/Vendor management
- Analytical /data analysis skills
- Change Management
- Consensus building to gather requirements
- Interviewing skills among stakeholders
- Meeting facilitation (in person and virtual)
- Communication Skills (written, verbal and presentation skills, detail orientated)
- Communication skills (Functional communication to technical stakeholders, Technical communication to non-technical stakeholders)
- Problem Solving Skills
- Collaboration with internal and external teams and business partners
- Business Acumen among LOBs (past, current, future goals, strategies and plans)
- Business relationship management
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.