The Business Analyst role supports the Business by working with the development teams with responsibility for eliciting, understanding and documenting business needs to determine and recommend the most optimal solution to conduct software development. Defines business and functional requirements for enhancements and projects to implement IT business solutions with a focus on critical business priorities. Understand plans for defining, delivering, enabling and supporting information technology components into the organization architecture.
location: Braintree, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Understand best practices and methods for defining detailed business requirements including planning, documentation, analysis and alignment to corporate standards
- Review business requirements which describe the business needs and the scope of the solution.
- Document and refine business requirements to describe the business needs to a functional requirement level without presuming a technical solution. Under the guidance of a Senior Business Analyst and Business Solutions Consultant, ensure requirements are verifiable and testable once a solution is defined
- Support the execution of the development pipeline and delivery of our software products including vendor solutions to QA, and ultimately to production
- Work in execution of product development across all teams as part of the development lifecycle
- Work with Project and Release Management to sequence/coordinate development activities within software development
- environment methodologies
- Identify applicable technology alternatives to given business problems with the assistance and direction of the Senior Business Analyst and Business Solutions Consultant.
- Support project manager/release manager by providing input into project information such as scope, estimates, evaluation criteria and results, etc.
- Assist to define system scope and objectives based on both user needs and a basic knowledge of business systems and industry requirement with consideration of business application to both current and future business environment.
- Accountable for developing business and functional requirements for small to medium issues and changes in business process
- Communicate functional business requirements in enough detail to effectively involve IT Stakeholders across domains and suppliers and conversely communicate technical solutions to business stakeholders in non-technical terminology
- Provide input to internal business groups and peers on process improvement projects designed to improve business and IT results.
- Support design, build and test planning phases for medium to large scope enhancements and projects.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in a directly related field
- 4-6 years of professional IT experience with leadership in technical and business analysis
- Enterprise Testing, and Quality Standards
- Software product knowledge for current industry standards (architecture, infrastructure, security, DevOps, etc.)
- Background with Imaging and workflow a plus
- Analytical/data analysis skills including data mapping across multiple systems
- Prior experience with Database conversions a plus
- Experience requirements and design for interfacing multiple applications
- SDLC knowledge
- Software development environment methodologies (i.e. Waterfall, Agile)
- Business requirement knowledge (i.e. elicitation of requirements, planning, documentation, analysis and alignment to standards)
- Functional requirement knowledge (i.e. elicitation of requirements, planning, documentation, analysis and alignment to standards)
- Requirements Analysis, Planning & prioritization execution
- Requirements Elicitation and facilitation execution
- Experience with Oracle Exadata a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.