As a Data Engineer, you will be accountable for providing and implementing end-to-end solutions for large & complex projects involving ETL solutions, data sub-setting, data masking, data archiving and data refresh using Informatica
products. Additional responsibility includes Informatica
location: Rockville, Maryland
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Create data Integration framework on enterprise level. Design and Create ETL solutions primarily with Informatica Suite of tools
- Work with Business Analysts to convert requirements into technical specifications
- Design SQL Queries and analytic processes
- Participates in design sessions with architects and implements the design.
- Design, implement and perform administration functions for Informatica environment.
- Configure, manage and troubleshoot PowerCenter domain, nodes, Service Manager, Application Services and licensing.
- Implement and administer the Informatica ILM products (Data Archive, Data Subset, Dynamic/Persistent Data Masking).
- Implement data masking and data subsetting solutions across the Enterprise using ILM products
- Develops disaster recovery and failover strategies for the data integration environment.
- Manage backup and recovery of the domain metadata and appropriate shared file directories.
- Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments.
- Ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations and requirements.
- Demonstrate Company's Core Competencies and values held within.
- The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
- Minimum Bachelor's in Computer Science or related field , or HS Diploma and 4 years of related experience
- Informatica certification is a plus.
- Minimun 5 years of development and administration experience with Informatica products including Power Center (version 9.x), Power Exchange, ILM products (Data Archive and persistent and dynamic data masking)
- Experience implementing ETL solutions using Informatica Power Center and ILM products
- Extensive experience with Relational Databases, including writing SQL queries, data mining, physical DBMS design understanding and automation of data masking/ data archiving solutions.
- Excellent working knowledge of UNIX and Microsoft operating systems.
- Must be able to think out of the box and drive towards high quality solutions and resolutions.
- Ability to understand data warehousing, business intelligence and information management concepts.
- Knowledge of SAN storage, network and virtual environments.
- Knowledge of Mongo DB / Hadoop is a plus.
- Knowledge of Java is a plus
- Knowledge of Big Data technologies is a plus.
- Communication (written, verbal and listening), planning, coordination, organization, collaboration, project management, interpersonal skills
- Ability to participate in 24X7 on-call rotation in the team
- Ability to work independently and effectively communicate within the team and other teams.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.