job summary: Our client is currently seeking a Developer II for a permanent opportunity located in Modesto and Dublin, CA.
location: Modesto, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 102,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
responsibilities: Job Summary
The Developer role is a valuable team member helping to support and deliver the companies technology solutions. This role is first and foremost a developer but must be able to work with our business partners and vendors to understand new requirements and operational issues. They will design, implement and integrate new applications that align to the company strategies. Understanding of Accounting, Human Resources or Merchandising retail technology experience is a plus, but not required. Key Accountabilities:
- Analyze system and user requirements converting them to technical solutions.
- Develop, test and implement new software programs.
- Analyze and implement software enhancements or defect resolution.
- Apply software development best practices to ensure quality and reliability including proper logging, monitoring, archival and retrieval.
- Identify areas of improvement for existing programs and subsequently develop the modifications.
- Proper use of ITIL procedures such as configuration management, change control and problem management.
- Operate as part of a Dev Ops structure providing new implementations along with application support.
- Work alongside of the Solution Architect ensuring that we are building solutions that meets the business needs.
- Demonstrate the value of working as part of a team seeking out cross department partnerships.
- Experienced in Agile project methodology.
- Proficient in SQL databases (Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, MySQL, or similar)
- Proficient in one or more programming languages (Java, C#, Ruby/Rails, PHP)
- Excellent analytical, planning and organization/time management skills, experience in Development Operations (DevOps) in Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Willing to guide and mentor junior developers.
- Firm understanding of System-as-a-Service (SaaS) and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Firm understanding of RESTful Application Program Interfaces (API) in AWS.
- Provide technical leadership in design, development, and testing of business solutions.
- Work with multiple stakeholders and subject matter experts to understand the complex systems in order to produce integrated end-to-end solution options.
- Develop the guidelines and processes for documentation, knowledge transfer, and support ownership to ensure sustainable application support.
- Keep up-to-date on cutting edge technologies like cloud, IoT, mobile, social and big data.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to communicate and drive highly complex technology solutions to broad audiences within and outside of IT.
- Ability to describe non-functional requirements.
BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related experience. Experience :
2 - 5 years experience as a developer Other :
10% Travel may be required Physical :
Requires standing and other physical movements on a frequent basis.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.