job summary: Our client is currently seeking a Omni Channel Developer II for a permanent opportunity located in Modesto and Dublin, CA.
location: Modesto, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 102,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
responsibilities: Job Summary
The Developer will be a valuable team member delivering the companies solutions. In addition, the development team will play a key role in building technology that enables a true experience across the digital platforms into the physical store. The right candidate should be able to understand and execute on digital transformation strategies by leveraging core retail technology infused with digital innovation. Key Accountabilities:
- Accountable for delivering fully integrated solutions to support the companies Digital experiences.
- Active participation in the agile planning and delivery process of solution design, technology estimates and risk mitigation during the sprint planning process.
- Key deliverables will include leveraging cloud technologies such as AWS tools to integrate 'cloud to cloud' and on premise technologies.
- Daily activities will involve working with third party vendors to help design and troubleshoot technology development.
- Operating under a Dev Ops model it is expected to be proficient at unit and system testing of your deliverables.
- Key responsibilities will include the design of best practices to support ITIL with the use of change control, documentation, monitoring and version control.
- Working alongside of the Solution Architect ensuring that we are building solutions that meet the business needs and deliver value to the company.
- Demonstrate the value of working as part of a team seeking out cross department partnerships.
- Experienced in Agile project methodology.
- Proficient in SQL databases (Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, MySQL, or similar)
- Proficient in one or more programming languages (Java, C#, Ruby/Rails, PHP)
- Excellent analytical, planning and organization/time management skills, experience in Development Operations (DevOps) in Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Willing to guide and mentor junior developers.
- Firm understanding of System-as-a-Service (SaaS) and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Firm understanding of RESTful Application Program Interfaces (API) in AWS.
- Provide technical leadership in design, development, and testing of business solutions.
- Work with multiple stakeholders and subject matter experts to understand the complex systems in order to produce integrated end-to-end solution options.
- Develop the guidelines and processes for documentation, knowledge transfer, and support ownership to ensure sustainable application support.
- Keep up-to-date on cutting edge technologies like cloud, IoT, mobile, social and big data.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to communicate and drive highly complex technology solutions to broad audiences within and outside of IT.
- Ability to describe non-functional requirements.
BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related experience. Experience :
2 - 5 years experience as a developer Other :
10% Travel may be required Physical :
Requires standing and other physical movements on a frequent basis.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.