We are seeking an experienced hands-on Technical Architect for improving and optimizing a .NET application using AngularJS UI against SQL Server database. The qualified candidate will collaborate with existing Avenu software team members, other cross-functional teams, vendors, and client to provide technical direction, interpretation, and alternatives to a technically viable best-fit solution for a high-performing statewide application.
location: Lexington, Kentucky
job type: Contract
salary: $68 - 72 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Design and review end-to-end solution architecture of .NET software applications and products
- Improve Data Models, Optimize databases, Optimize front end application designs across different clients / projects / platforms
- Conceptualize or Design the best fit solution or tool against the requirements.
- Evaluate and lead work with vendors, development team, and client
- Design applications to improve overall system performance ? database, UI, backend application, middleware, and interfaces for a statewide application.
- Provide technical support and training of an organization?s IT personnel to ensure high level of business performance
- Carry out assessments to identify operational limitations and gaps in functional coverage
- Develop proper documentation of software design, complex architectural concepts, and develop processes in order to produce appropriate procedures for application use.
- 6+ years of experience as an Application\Solution Architect.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science.
- Broad and deep knowledge of multiple IT technology domains including software development languages and platforms, infrastructure platforms, data management and database technologies, networking technologies, and security framework..
- Expertise in front end and back end application design in .NET, Angular UI, REST webservices, micro service.
- Extensive expertise with Agile-Scrum methodologies.
- Expertise in Data Modelling both relational data modelling for transactional applications and dimensional data modelling for analytical applications
- Expertise in relational databases SQL Server and Oracle
- Extensive experience in performance tuning especially tuning complex queries, procedure and indexing strategies.
- Ability to learn business concepts quickly and communicate to both technical and non-technical individuals
- Skilled in abstracting complex business problems in order to come up with a technical solution
- Strong communication skills verbal and written
- Leadership skills to provide technical direction to the development team, client, and management.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Skilled in successfully navigating organizational issues, constraints and concerns and facilitating discussions to come up with acceptable technical solutions in order to solve problems for stakeholders.
- Extensive performance tuning skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.