Technical API Product Analyst
Randstad Technologies are seeking API Technical Product Analysts to help a customer build the bridge between the business and technology teams for API development projects.
location: Atlanta, Georgia
job type: Permanent
salary: $88,560 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
The API Technical Product Analyst is responsible for attending daily stand-ups and translating business requirements in the form of user-stories, into API specifications using the Swagger framework. Once the swagger file has been created, the API Technical Product Analyst will write test cases and then test the API the engineering team has completed development. Additionally, the API Technical Product Analyst will create API documentation for the developers who consume the API.
The top challenges for the team are delivering APIs for our rapidly evolving product, balancing development velocity with API consistency, and improving the architecture to handle the scale of 2.5+ million daily customers conducting transactions through mobile, online and other digital channels.
o Attend daily SCRUM standup meetings and provide input on the design of the API product
o Serve as the bridge between the business team who create the API requirements, and the back-end development team who understand the back-end systems and data sources
o Provide input during requirement capture and user story creation
o Use a Swagger editor to create API design using Swagger framework
o Review API design with Product Manager and API engineering team then make adjustments as-needed
o Write test-cases for the API
o Execute test cases for the API
o Create API documentation for the developers who consume the API (API Security Guide, API Developer Guide, etc)
o Assist Developer Support Team with defects during the testing phase
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- 10 or more years of experience in project management, and computer technology applications and analysis
skills: Preferred Skills/Experience
- Strong understanding of JSON format
- Solid understanding of RESTful APIs
- Experience using API testing tools such as Postman, SOAPUI
- Technical writing ability
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High attention to detail and visual presentation
- 2+ years of designing or programming APIs (though no API programming will be required for this specific role)
- 1+ year of Agile experience
- 1+ year of technical writing experience
- Excellent presentation skills and comfort presenting complex information to senior leadership
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.