Technical Support resource on the Software Asset Management team will be responsible for assisting with the monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and documenting of all aspects of the IBM BigFix Platform and IBM BigFix Inventory (BFI) software and associated servers. Would be responsible for automating existing processes.
Designs, develops, tests, debugs and implements more complex operating systems components, software tools, and utilities with full competency. Coordinates with users to determine requirements. Reviews systems under development and related documentation. Makes more complex modifications to existing software to fit specialized needs and configurations, and maintains program libraries and technical documentation. May coordinate activities of the project team and assist in monitoring project schedules and costs.
location: Windsor, Connecticut
job type: Contract
salary: $32 - 42 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
How IBM software sub capacity licensing works.
How the BigFix Console is used to configure Tasks and Fixlets for execution
How BigFix Inventory Tasks and Fixlets work to collect data needed for software asset discovery
How DNS, DHCP, IP addresses, Masks and Subnets work.
- MS-Windows Server 2008 - 2016
- Linux Red Hat Enterprise Server - RHEL 5.11 - 7.5
- VMware's vSphere console
- DB2 LUW command line processor (CLP)
- Linux Utilities (i.e., Ksh, Bash, vi, PuTTY, WinSCP)
- Data manipulation with MS-Excel
- Writing and troubleshooting batch(Windows) and shell(Linux) scripts.
- Writing and execution of scripts with PsExec(Windows) and Ansible(Linux).
- Performance analysis of processes on Windows and Linux servers.
- Automation capabilities
skills: Bachelor degree in computer science plus 2 years working on both Microsoft and Midrange Unix servers or equivalent in work experience.
- Experience and demonstrated familiarity and accomplishment with Windows and Linux tools and techniques.
- Proven problem solving and root cause analysis capabilities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to follow complicated procedures and processes.
- Experience with programming, scripting and automation a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.