The Software Quality Analyst is a key member of the Datacenter Engineering Operation's team. Works closely with engineering and other cross functional teams to drive quality data operations.
location: San Jose, California
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 60 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Understand engineering quality data and metrics
- Improve Engineering processes and tools
- Identify and define opportunities to integrate data into our engineering teams to drive actions
- Working proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Data Visualization using Tableau
- Advanced knowledge of statistical techniques and data mining
- Strong Programming background and expertise in building models in languages like Python, R etc.
- Strong background and passion for analysis, data driven decision making, and out-side-the box thinking.
- Basic knowledge of networking products (preferably Cisco products) and networking market segments as related to SW quality and metrics.
Who you'll Work For
You will report into the Data Center Operations Organization. Data Center Operations organization drives strategic, operational, and organizational excellence across the Data Center Business Group. Our team challenges the status quo and is passionate about our mission.
- Degree in computer science or mathematics with focus on software quality modeling and analysis with 2+ years of work experience.
- Ability to work well with all levels of management as well as technical contributors. Excellent leadership, management, influencing, conflict resolution, and team building skills.
- Strong writing and presentation skills, ability to create collateral or presentations that are clearly written and succinct, comfortable presenting to small groups, internal stakeholders, and executives.
- Experience with Business Intelligence Reporting & visualizations using Tableau or similar products
- Demonstrable proficiency in coding in Python, Java & R, with a passion to code
- Strong presentation skills - comfortable with collecting, manipulating data and being able to tell the story behind the data
- Excellent written and verbal communication, with the ability to communicate clearly to both non-technical and technical audiences
skills: We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more - from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.