The Financial Planning team is responsible for forecasting and budgeting organization's financials. This team works closely with CFO and Controllership on internal and/or external reporting.
We are seeking a Financial Systems Business Analyst that will work closely with the broader FP&A team. This individual will lead and support key initiatives to automate and streamline business intelligence tools for forecasting and budgeting processes. This individual will also collaborate with the business and IT partners on projects, M&E development and operations support.
The position creates opportunity for Hyperion developers/administrators who would like to expand his/her skill into business analysis. S/he can work with business leaders directly and understand how the BI tools increase production efficiency.
The position has growth potential where the candidate may manage her/his own team in the future given the growing user community.
location: New York, New York
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9 to 5
- Collaborate with business leaders and IT counterparts to drive process and system improvements for the FP&A team reporting capabilities using Hyperion Essbase
- Ability to work with various departments to challenge existing system, data and reporting processes for improved efficiency and effectiveness.
- Complete projects following IT's project life cycle policy; coordinate with various departments to meet project milestones and deliverables.
- Interact with business users to gather enhancement requirements and conduct thorough testing to ensure design is optimal and meets business requirements.
- Translate business requirements into functional specifications document to be used by the IT developers.
- Act as functional expert to challenge soundness of technical design and resource effort.
- Provide system and process support to the company's reporting and planning business intelligence tools.
- Oversee annual budget and quarterly forecasts process to ensure the system process is smooth and well-supported.
- Retain and supply supporting documents to verify data integrity to Internal and External Audit teams.
- Provide guidance and serve as point of escalation for complex data and system issues and formulate plan to analyze, identify, test and resolve operational issues with the team.
- Enhance system training programs and conduct training sessions to global business users.
- Empower users to leverage existing tools to be self-reliant and keep them engaged in system activities.
Part of the Finance Planning team is responsible for forecasting and budgeting financials. The team works closely with CFO and Controllership on internal and/or external reporting.
- Bachelor of Science or graduate degree in Accounting, Finance or Management Information Systems
- 3+years of experience in business analysis and/or project management for IT related projects/implementation of Oracle Hyperion Essbase and Planning applications supporting budgeting, forecasting or related fields
- Experience in SDLC and other project methodologies such as Agile, Waterfall, etc.
- 3+ years of experience with Hyperion Business Rules, Calc Scripts, Calc Manager, MAXL, MDX and Shared Services.
- Experience with desktop applications including Access, VBA and advanced Excel spreadsheet skills such as pivot tables
- Well-developed problem-solving capabilities and strong organizational skills
- Have a good understanding of FP&A and Accounting processes and how it integrates with other areas in the organization
- Exceptional inter-personal skills
- Experience with SQL Server, SQL and\\\\or Microsoft Analysis Services
- Experience with Oracle EPM Cloud a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.