Mid- Level Project Manager
Job Title: Global Markets Program Manager - FX Focus
Reporting into the Global Markets Program Management Office ("PMO"), the Program Manager will provide full PMO support of critical programs for the core Global Makets business units (with a focus on FX). It is essential that the candidate has strong end-to-end program and project management experience working with large portfolios of projects that support a complex organizational environment.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Provide project leadership, direction and coaching / support to the project team.
- Chairing project meetings and coordinating teams and deliverables.
- Define and manage the end-to-end project plan.
- Identifying and implementing the appropriate workstream / work breakdown structure. Workstreams for complex programs will include: Legal, Compliance, Tax, Operations, Technology, Finance, Risk, ERM, Custody, etc (i.e., not just IT).
- Maintaining the risks / issues log, mitigation plans and escalation process. Identify cross team dependencies and mitigation plans.
- Status reporting to senior management and stakeholders
- Manage change control process.
- Ability to identify and report on key performance indicators.
- Release management planning and processes.
- Identifies areas of potential risk and exposure and provides viable solutions to reduce and/or eliminate risk to Global Markets, State Street and its clients.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 55 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
OFFICES OF ACCOUNTABILITY OVERSIGHT:
- Create and maintain Tollgate documentation; Present at required Tollgate meetings.
- Manage the application risk process (i.e., ISRMP).
- Ensure PM / PMO compliance with oversight functions (i.e., Risk, Compliance, Audit, Legal).
DEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Minimum of a bachelors degree with 5 - 10 years of experience or equivalent.
- Some front, middle, back office core capital markets experience.
- Experience effectively bringing teams across global regions.
- Extremely detail and solution oriented.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Microsoft Office expertise, including Visio.
- Ability to diplomatically and effectively manage issues across functional teams.
- Successful candidate should be enthusiastic, keen to learn the business and be part of a growing team.
- Experience in structured project / program management / ability to implement a framework to deliver large projects.
- Professional Project Management Qualifications e.g. PMP
- Experience on all aspects of implementing a Financial Services / Capital Markets Data Governance organization including (1) data management capability assessment tools and models (2) the Data Governance lifecycle (i.e., Gather, Cleanse, Analyze and Protect / Retain) (3) Data Governance business case / ROI measurement.
- Working knowledge of FX Trading and Operations
skills: PROGRAM FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT:
- Previous experience managing program budgets from $5m - $15m.
- Work with team members to ensure resource forecasts are accurate and booked appropriately.
- Manage / validate intramonth Atrack (i.e., actual) project bookings.
- Monthly certification of program financials.
- Manage the project estimation lifecycle.
- Optimize program spend.
- Manage budget variance escalation.
PRODUCT ROADMAP / BACKLOG MANAGEMENT:
- Work with key global stakeholders to maintain program prioritization / demand inventory.
- Align global resource pools to demand / project prioritization (e.g. legal, compliance, tax, operations, technology, finance, risk, etc).
GOVERNANCE / COMMUNICATION:
- Manage program Steering Committee / stakeholder meetings (i.e., SVP / EVP level).
- Coordinate / communicate release notes.
- Work with team members to identify project roles required and create corresponding job descriptions.
- Work with team members to select resources (review resumes, interview, select resources).
- Manage the invoicing / billing / accruals process with the appropriate SF and corporate teams.
- Talent evaluation / strategic team building.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.