job summary: Project Overview:
- At Corp Eng, we make Google work for Googlers.
- By building and implementing innovative products, we inspire and enable Googlers to be successful every day.
- As the company grows in scale and complexity, Corp Eng ensures we remain true to our scrappy, innovation-centered culture.
- UX Researchers strive to learn what they need and want from our products and services.
- As a UX Researcher, you conduct independent research, analyze real user behavior and work with User Interface Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers to improve our product features and develop new ones.
- Your work spans across all of Google's products and you are encouraged to identify new opportunities for user experience improvements.
- We strive to connect users to the magic of our products and your job is to make that connection intuitive and accessible.
location: Mountain View, California
job type: Contract
salary: $40.00 - 44.17 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
responsibilities: Overall Responsibilities:
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Conduct independent research on multiple aspects of how users engage with novel products and experiences.
- Collect and analyze user behavior data via quantitative and qualitative methods including interviews, observations, benchmark studies, lab studies, and surveys.
- Contribute to and conduct top-quality research activities including lab studies, surveys, design sprints, literature reviews, field research, and other forms of domain, formative, and evaluative research
- Work with designers, product managers, engineers to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research.
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and oral presentations.
- Work with designers, product managers, engineers, and research managers to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research.
- Evangelize research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and oral presentations.
qualifications: Required Skills:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Psychology, Anthropology, Information Science, related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience, including experience integrating user research into product designs and design practices (will consider graduate program as years of experience)
- Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- Excellent working knowledge of statistics and the principles of experiment design.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills.
- Excellent leadership, communication and teamwork skills. The ability to operate in a very fast-paced environment.
- A deep desire to apply design toward expanding what's possible and improving the world.
skills: Nice to have Skills (not required):
Graduate degree (Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Psychology, Anthropology, Information Science, related field, or equivalent practical experience)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.