Software Quality Assurance Engineer
We are looking for a Software Test Engineer to help with ongoing business needs.
location: Rancho Cordova, California
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 49 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Own product verification activities in a highly regulated, medical environment
- Develop automated testing for the assigned products, ensure consistent automation strategy
- Closely work with system verification team to implement and monitor consistent and structured verification (manual and automated) strategies/methodologies
- Coordinate with development lead to employ iterative development test strategies and tactics on assigned products and ensure full execution of the strategy
- Create product verification plans, procedures and reports. Provide verification effort estimation on the assigned products
- Participate in requirement review effort to ensure that requirements are actionable, measurable and testable
- Lead test development and peer review activities with little supervision. Ensure complete and accurate test coverage. Create test to requirement traceability matrix
- Report engineering issues and product defects by following the Defect Management SOP
- Identifying, analyzing, owning and driving technical issues to resolution
- 3+ years' industry experience in software testing
- Test automation experience including Python or similar scripting language
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and proven ability to perform problem solving and troubleshooting
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be self-motivated and able to work in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
- Ability to work with minimal guidance to make decisions and report progress
- Experience with requirements management, configuration management, issue tracking tools, etc.
skills: - C/C++ development experience
- Worked in Agile(scrum) projects as scrum team tester
- Experience in a medical device or other regulated industry
- Experience with Test Management tools like HPQC and Defect management tools like JIRA, ClearQuest
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.