Seeking a Software Engineer for a scrum team in a large (fortune 10) organization. The engineer will be a part of a scrum team to support some clinical initiatives underway. Your team will be assigned to a few projects which can vary in size from small (?$250k) to large($1M). You will be part of the team interfacing with the Product/Business Owners to understand the problem statement. Your primary responsibilities will be to code to specs and leverage the Facets application to meet business needs using the best of breed tools and technologies available. You will develop/leverage tools such as Github, Jenkins, Gherkin to build a pipeline of code and run automated tests. Support and drive initiatives such as automation of code build, packaging and deployment. You will partner will the Product Owner and groom the features/capabilities to the scrum teams. The Software engineer will also work closely with the other engineers (located either in US or in India).
location: Phoenix, Arizona
job type: Contract
salary: $42.00 - 52.50 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
Roles and Responsibilities
1. Interpret business needs and partner product roadmap: 15%
o Evaluate business requirements and prepare detailed specifications that follow project guidelines required to develop written programs
o Analyze existing functional documentation of the vendor product to determine if product meets business requirements
o Provide inputs to the product roadmap to the Sr. Software Engineer
o Interact with the vendor to understand the product roadmap
o Participate and engage in the vendor forums to learn about the product
2. Contribute to solutioning and design : 15%
o Review and provide inputs to the functional & technical system specifications
o Develop solutions for system interactions/
o Determine and partner with Architect, SME on any custom solution
o Document detail design solutions objectively and share with the entire scrum team
o Develop solutions using service models and message schemas
o Develop solutions based on APIs with XML/JSON
o Looking for opportunities to automate, reduce waste
3. Lead Development & Testing : 70%
o Provide technical estimates - Write quality code that integrates with our existing systems
o Deliver complete unit test coverage to prove correctness, robustness, and scalability
o Maintain the integrity of application architecture
o Collaborate with internal IT teams and external business representatives to develop and deliver solutions
o Continually improve and refactor legacy components to evolve into our modern target architecture
o Incorporate best practices for coding such error handling and logging, application logging, security monitoring
o Ensure compliance with applicable code standards and architectures.
o Reviews, troubleshoots, and remediates potential coding issues.
4. This role is not of a System Analyst. This role is a developer who does hand-on development.
5. Role will require you to flex outside the role of a traditional definition of a developer. Where required, execute test cases manually or better automate where feasible.
6. As technology evolves, the tools we use within our organization also evolve. There is a dedicated push for leveraging open source software so the person will be encouraged to keep their skills updated.
- Awareness of technology
o Develop pioneering approaches to emerging industry trends
- Team Player
o Be a part of a scrum team of 6-8 members
o Displays the initiative to take on work as opposed to waiting for task assignment
o Be willing to roll up the sleeves and flex outside of the defined role of a traditional software engineer and supports the team in the roadblock they may have.
o Participate in all agile scrum ceremonies
o Assist in development, quality engineering wherever the needs of the scrum team is
- Problem Solver/Analytical thinking
o Demonstrate ability to solve for the need rather than code to the requirements
- Willing to work in a flat organizational structure with distributed team members
o Provide feedback to and about your peers
o Ability to influence without authority
- Desire to always learn & innovate
o Healthcare is vast and complex, there is no single SME who "knows-it-all".
o Need someone who is willing to learn. Be it from the business partners about the domain or a developer about new technology
o Desire to always challenge the status quo and innovate
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 5+ years equivalent experience
- Ability to work in US without need for sponsorship.
- Atleast 2-3 5 years of full Software Development Life Cycle
- 1-2 yrs experience in the healthcare domain
- 1-2 years of SQL Server, Sybase or Oracle development experience with designing data structures, building functions, stored procedures, indexes, triggers, and performance tuning
- 1-2 4+ years of development experience in the following:
o Informatica, Talend, Data Stage or any ETL Tool
- Experienced in system integrations using RESTful APIs (JSON), Batch interfaces.
- Experience in Tivoli (TWS) job scheduling (optional)
- 1-2+ years of development experience on Facets in 1 or more of the following areas - Billing, Invoicing, Eligibility and Enrollment, Claim Processing, Claims Pricing, Finance, Utilization Management or Providers
o Experience with any other COTS product (Eg HSP, Plexis)
- Familiarity and experience with JUNIT and NUNIT Testing Frameworks.
- Proficiency with tools such as:
skills: Desired Requirements
- Experience in Agile/Lean Methodology preferred
- Experience in .Net or C# (optional)
- Experience working in a virtual team environment
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills, must be able to work well with teams
- Proficient using MS Office tools (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc) and MS Visio
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.