Jr. Developer (.Net)
We are seeking a junior level, talented C#/VB.NET software developer with a strong background in building scalable, high quality, high-performance, mission-critical applications. The candidate will be responsible for building and maintaining external-facing Windows applications, Windows Services, and Web applications in an Agile Methodology Environment. S/he will be part of our passionate, Agile, experienced software development team in our Charlotte, NC office. The candidate will be expected to be fanatical about delivering quality, supportable solutions, possess a great work ethic, and be able to work with other members of the company including analysts, developers, support personnel, and business resources to build highly performing enterprise systems.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $45,000 - 55,000 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
- Successful candidate should be responsible, motivated, and a self-starter who is able to work alone and in a team environment.
- Building new systems in .NET 4.0/C#/VB.NET/ASP.NET/SQL Server/Web Services/WCF Data Services
- Develop new functionality within our existing software suite of products and systems.
- Participate in a small, experienced, energetic team on a rapid, agile development schedule.
- Other duties as assigned
- Two (+) years experience as a developer
- Two (+) years experience with C#/VB.NET
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming and computer science foundations, such as memory management.
- Strong knowledge of the .NET 3.5/4.0/4.5 Framework, including Visual Studio 2008, C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, Web Services, ADO.NET, etc.
- Familiarity with software implementation best practices.
- Experience designing and working with n-tier architectures(UI, Business logic layer, Data access layer) along with some experience with service-oriented architectures (SOA).
- Ability to develop and optimize SQL Server stored procedures
- Ability to adapt quickly to an existing, complex environment and learn new concepts.
- Experience working with TCP/IP socket communications a plus.
- Candidate should be a self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, responsible team player.
- Must demonstrate ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, balancing business needs with a solid commitment to quality, performance, and support.
- Candidate must be an effective verbal and written communicator with strong analytical and organizational skills
- Familiarity with advanced software/testing methodologies is a definite plus.
- Must possess strong analytical, numerical, and reasoning abilities
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to Pass a thorough background check and (eRAIL, TWIC)
- Well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to get along with diverse personalities. Tactful, mature
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.